Main Menu

The DAVE EVANS TRIBUTE BOOK — LAST(ish) CALL

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 May, 2021, 08:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Could you add my name(s) to the condolence page too please, Jim. Thanks.

The Legendary Shark

I'd just like to add my thanks to you, Jim, for organising this wonderful tribute. I know I've already contributed a picture but, if I may, I'd also like to add the following to the general tributes page:

On my journey through this life I have come to understand that the reason why there are so many of us is because we need to be kind to one another and because we need to help one another, for we are all beings of infinite worth and potential.

Of all the souls I have encountered on my journey, none personified this belief more than Bolt-01. In his passing we are faced with an incalculable loss, but in our hearts the candles lit by Dave Evans will never sputter or grow dim.

He showed us all how to be better.

With love everlasting,

Mark "the Shark" Howard.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Barrington Boots

There's some really great touching stuff on that thread. It's a measure of the man indeed.

Just to add my thanks to Jim for organising this and to say should you want to include anything I've said you're more than welcome.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Robin Low

More than happy to have my post from the other thread quoted.

Regards,

Robin

Rex Banner

Thank you, Jim

Huge condolences to Dave's family. Lisa and myself first met Dave at Bristol in 2007 and since then catching up with him has been the highlight of attending cons.

I think Lisa summed it up perfectly - He gave the best hugs.

Lisa & Matthew

radiator

Bit out of the loop and just hearing about this now.

Only had limited interactions with Dave (through the fanzine scene and meeting him at the Dredd movie screening), but he was one of the good ones. RIP mate.

Brian Corcoran

So sorry to hear this news, my most sincere condolences to Dave's family and friends. He enabled so many creators to achieve their first published work, was a thoroughly decent bloke, and so obviously liked and loved by so many people. He will be sadly missed. RIP Dave.

Trout

Hey Jim, please add this from me:

Seemed an OK guy. For a geek.

- King Trout

shaolin_monkey

Hi Jim. I hope I'm not too late, and thanks for organising this. Please domuse what I said in the other thread.

JayzusB.Christ

Grud, I've been flat out, and neglecting the board a bit so I'm probably way too late, but if not could you please add my name to the list of condolences? Thank you!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Of course, JBC.

I was meaning to post a quick update this week, just to let folks know what's happening with this.

It's Dave's funeral at the end of next week. I'm going to start pulling the book together over the coming week, with a view to getting it printed up and sent off to Dave's family after the funeral, so we'll call Monday 28th the absolute last call for anything anyone wants to get in. I'll update the art thread with this same info.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 June, 2021, 08:49:39 AM
Grud, I've been flat out, and neglecting the board a bit so I'm probably way too late, but if not could you please add my name to the list of condolences? Thank you!

Ditto for me.

Cheers Jim.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 June, 2021, 09:03:40 AM
Of course, JBC.

I was meaning to post a quick update this week, just to let folks know what's happening with this.

It's Dave's funeral at the end of next week. I'm going to start pulling the book together over the coming week, with a view to getting it printed up and sent off to Dave's family after the funeral, so we'll call Monday 28th the absolute last call for anything anyone wants to get in. I'll update the art thread with this same info.

Thanks, Jim.  Seeing as we have a wee bit of time left I'll try and get a bit of artwork done.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"