Main Menu

Trying to remember..

Started by GrudgeJohnDeed, 07 July, 2013, 11:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrudgeJohnDeed

When i was younger, im sure i read a full colour retelling/reworking of the story of rico returning from the penal colony.  art like this http://images.wikia.com/britishcomics/images/5/50/Rico_Dredd.jpg . It mightve been part of the classics series, which is where i read America for the first time too

Is there anywhere i can get hold of this rico remake? It was top and ace.

Spikes

Think it was the re-telling of the Rico story - Flashback 2099: The Return of Rico from progs 950 - 952.

Dont know if the Case Files have got that far yet, so maybe tracking down the progs in question might be the route to go? - Unless some other forumite knows if this was ever collected elsewhere?

radiator

That'll be the one - progs 950-952. Never been reprinted afaik. You should be able to get hold of the original comics on eBay with a bit of perseverance.

GrudgeJohnDeed

thanks guys really helpful. all those progs are on ebay too, awesome. It was cool to see the covers again too, I remember the stallone inspired one, that also made it into the fantastic Art of Judge Dredd book didnt it. and vector 13! I remember liking that. ta!