Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

That's not visual effects as opposed to digital effects or is the distinction no longer made ?

Steve Green

Primarily visual effects tended to be anything that wasn't on set, e.g. models/miniatures, laser blasts etc.

So visual could still include miniatures/models if they're used - not sure where something done in camera like the Lord of the Rings would sit...

Pretty sure special effects would be more on-set pyrotechnics, that sort of thing.

Goaty

Mmmm lots of talks about the budget, the 1995 film, effects etc...

Well To Budget, or Not To Budget, That is the Question. SO WHAT? It is good budget for new Dredd, and not over budget of "200 milions" like many blockbusters films as too many on productions, nothing on scripts! like Pirates, Transformers, Green Lantern etc.

The fact is that the film will be out in 8 MONTHS! Fuck the 1995 film, Fuck the Scott/Scojo's most saddest person in the world, Fuck the moans about lack of info of the film, just patience and wait, and it will coming.

Just very excited about film on way in Sept, I will be see it, no matters what people says or moans about the film.

And Joe Soap, you are a great person on here for update the information, thank you, and kept doing it :)

Gonk

Hear! Hear! Goaty. I've said it once and I'll probably say it again before September. I'm really looking forward to watching this film :o with me 3d specs on!

How many times to you guys reckon you will go and see it on the big screen? Speaking for myself, I'll need to see it about 3-4 times to get my Dredd hunger fed!
coming at a cinema near you soon

vzzbux

At least twice. Once in regular and once in 3D.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Buddy

Will go a few times if it's good.

Once if it's shit.

radiator

I'll probably end up going three times, even if it is shit.

Bat King

I already told my mates I'm sitting in a posh brown chair on day of release.  I'm avoiding spoilers, don't mind seeing the odd image.

It could let me down but I'm going to give the film a very fair chance at giving me what it has got - I'll decide what I think about it afterwards.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Gonk

It's Dredd. It can't be shit!

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Gonk

Yeah I agree. Not so shit I didn't watch it 3 times. Got the dvd here too.

Danbo

Once at the swanky digi screen at Manchesters Printworks and 2 or 3 at my local fleapit.
My guess it won't be at the flicks for ages like most BIG films so i can see two weeks of excessive motorbike trips too and from.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

SmallBlueThing

Seeing as there's next to no chance of it playing first run at my local odeon, and only a scant possibility of it playing evenings for a week second run, id imagine i'll rent it on dvd about xmastime.

SBT

Gonk

Yeah, I'll have to pay for transport to get to the nearest cinema, it also depends on the price of the tickets.

How much did it cost to see avatar in 3d...does anyone know?

radiator

Weirdly, there's a chance that I might be living in America by the time Dredd comes out!

Hope there'll be somewhere showing it close by...