Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Round 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 March, 2021, 06:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huey2

1. Beyond the Call of Duty
2. City of the Damned
3. Mechanismo

broodblik

What is also nice about this tourney it give me a focus point on certain stories that I need to revisit especially something like Tour of Duty
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Quote from: AlexF on 15 March, 2021, 11:30:05 AM
1) Tour of Duty
2) Fetish
3) Krong Island (I'm aware this is a real reach to define as an epic but I love me some Lynch Dredd vs Ape action)

Is City of the Damned finally going to fall by the wayside?? Strong as some of the imagery and ideas are, I dare anyone to actually read it all through right now and tell me they find it satisfying all the way to the end.
(Mind you, we're still not quite at the stage of 'this epic is exciting and beautiful and 100% satisfying all the way through')

City of The Dammed is about 100 times better than the very poor barely-drawn Krong Island. Jake lynch can turn out a stunning one off Dredd image pushing all our McMahon / Cam buttons but both Krong Island (a decent joke character stretched too far) and The Red Queen (intermibly dull) suffer from very under-drawn art with a near total absence of backgrounds and locations. Neither of these are Epics, they're just overlong minor Meg stories.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

GoGilesGo

Tour of Duty
Trifecta
Beyond the Call of Duty

*Chef's kiss to Judge Roffman

Funt Solo

1st: City of the Damned - this still feels the most epic and long-lasting. Dredd's bionic eyes became part of the lore, it tied up the Owen Krysler loose end and it had a really memorable scene where Dredd uses his command presence to get them through a tight spot. The others just aren't as memorable or as epic for me. (Mechanismo, I love - but it was a series of shorter tales - it never had the epic scope. And Dark Justice is amaze-balls to look at, but ultimately doesn't add anything to anything.)

2nd: Trifecta - mostly for the grand reveal, and for Sensitive Klegg. The plot was silly. All that effort of flying a bit of the moon to Earth could have been spent just taking over the city with conventional weapons.

3rd: Tour of Duty - a grand sequence, but it probably does more for PJ Maybe's arc than anything else.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

Sticking with my previous 3 - Beyond the Call of Duty is tempting, But Tour of Duty sticks - love all those Post-Pit DeMarco tales though

1: Mechanismo
2: City of the Damned
3: Tour of Duty

WhizzBang

1. Tour Of Duty
2. Trifecta
3. Mechanismo

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

The Enigmatic Dr X

1. City of the Damned
2. Mechanismo
3. Tour of Duty
Lock up your spoons!

DrJomster

These come round quickly don't they!

Same as last time for me, as predicted in an almost Judge Child way in the opening post... SPOOKY!

1. Tour of Duty
2. City of the Damned
3. Mechanismo
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

maryanddavid

No change here either!

City of the Damned
Tour of Duty
Mechanismo.

Andy B

1 Tour of Duty
2 Mechanismo
3 Beyond the Call of Duty

Colin YNWA

Votes coming in thick and fast for this one. Don't forget only two days so we'll be closing this one up in the morning and announcing the result. At this point not sure which way this will go at all so those late votes could really change things.

sintec

Bolt-01

1st - Tour Of Duty
2nd - Trifecta
3rd - Mechanismo