Main Menu

Pimping the REBELLION TRADES.

Started by ukdane, 10 May, 2005, 02:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Well, anyone reading Previews May 2005, will have noticed as discussed elsewhere, the lack of Rebellion books in the DC section.

However the Eagle-eyed amongst you- and those able to do a "wrist-flick", might have noticed in the Rebellion section of Previews UK that the following books are listed:

Judge Dredd: Cursed Earth.
Slaine: Time Killers.
Nikolai Dante: The Courtship of Jena Makarov.
and...

.... I don't recall seeing/hearing it mentioned elsewhere....

Asylum UK.
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

Ooh... that's interesting. I do have it on good authority that both "Cursed Earth" and "Time Killer" are to be placed on hold, so this listing may be a bit out-of-date, but interesting nonetheless.

Cheers, UKD!

Grant Goggans

Hmmm.  They're not in Previews US, but I'm not optimistic any of those three will appear in July.  The solicitations were almost certainly made in conjunction with DC, but, as we've seen a great deal in the last three weeks (has it just been three weeks?), the New York arm of this arrangement was not communicating well with anybody in Europe...

--Grant

ukdane

Grant,
As I say, it was Previews UK (the flip side of Previews).
And there are 4 titles listed, not 3. It's the first I've seen or heard of Asylum (given the controversy of Book 1 it seems somewhat surprising).
48 pages.
?9.99
Given that its only 48 pages, then that only collects book 1.
So expect a second small collection of book 2 too.
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

The Asylum listing is intriguing, but  - and leaving aside the cutting religious satire of the "shitting vicar" (*ahem*) and the general quality of the series - I'm very disappointed to see yet another skimpy collection, especially when a "Complete Asylum" is entirely possible.

And that's not even mentioning the cost - ?10 for 48 pages? That's a damned expensive read for a pretty poor story, and the value-for-money just doesn't compare to the Rebellion/DC releases.

From memory, the only Euro books I've felt were reasonably priced for what you get were Banzai Battalion & Necronauts. Certainly, as nice as it looks, I don't know that nearly ?20 for Button Man I was a particularly thrifty purchase...