JOE SOAP

I think a posse is forming...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 June, 2011, 05:01:26 PM

Just look at Lord Kinnock and his family HYPOCRITE'S
Blair HYPOCRITE
Brown HYPOCRITE
Prescott HYPOCRITE

Maggot traitor trough feeding parasites and sellouts and theives and  whores.

Why did you have to mention the Kinnocks ??

Fucking losers who cant even stand up straight without assistance from the taxpayer.Kinnock is a useless buffoon and always will be and an embarressment to the Welsh who was so useless he couldnt even win an election against the unpopular Thatcher so the Kinnocks were packed off to the EU where they could ride the EU gravy train and have their snouts in the trough to the tune of 8 million quid a year.
Fake Lord Kinnock.They claimed to despise heriditary peers and titles so they kick them out and claim the titles.Thats a typical example of their kind of hypocrisy but they dont recognise it as they are mentally defective.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

Politics is just theatre, it means nothing and changes nothing. Anyone who thinks they're voting for anything more than red or blue is just deluded.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 June, 2011, 05:01:26 PM
I hope you all heard the tax payers alliance talking about the waste that your local councils like to encourge (via the freedom of information act), on the radio last night, very interesting listening.   

If we're throwing around accusations of hypocrisy, then look no further than this self-serving shower of shites. The TPA is funded by millionaire Tory donors and big business owners, the majority of which have expensive tax lawyers and live overseas to avoid paying British tax. If these greedy cunts actually paid their fair share of tax on their vast earnings, there would be a lot more money in the public pot, so I object to them telling councils thay have to close libraries and sell off swimming pools.

The Legendary Shark

No amount of tax paid by billionaires would make the slightest difference to the government's debt under the current system. Taxing the rich to pay for the poor sounds good, but it just doesn't work like that at the moment, unfortunately.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

I don't just mean income tax on their personal earnings, which is admittedly a drop in the ocean, whatever the arguments about fairness; I'm talking about multi-billion pound businesses like Tesco which shift their dealings through layers of shell companies and overseas subsidiaries to avoid paying hundreds of millions in tax.

Taxation is any governemnt's main source of income so when the rich, either as indivduals or corporations, dopn't pay their fair share, the burden falls on the lower and middle-income taxpayers who don't have that option.

We're all in it together? Bollox

The Legendary Shark

The government's main source of income is not tax, it's borrowing.

Governments print bonds, which are like IOUs. (A bond worth x amount is printed and sold to investors with the promise that the same bond will be worth x+y% when the investor comes to collect from the government. It's like me saying here's an IOU for a fiver but I'll give you six quid for it when you come to cash it in.) The interest therefore mounts up and can never be repaid under the current system. Every penny of tax is swallowed up in trying to clear an unclearable debt. Roads, hospitals, police et al are paid for out of fresh borrowing.

Whilst I agree that corporations should pay fair amounts of tax, these corporations know what the score is and that their taxes (like everyone else's) would essentially be wasted on trying to pay off this ever growing and useless interest-incurred debt. I don't care about corporations or billionaires dodging taxes under the current system - if I could do the same, I would.

Return the creation and control of the money supply to the people (the government) and the national debt would be easily cleared and then it would be productive for corporations and the rich to pay a fair rate of tax. Socializing the money supply means that the government would be printing its own money instead of borrowing money created by banks at interest. After all, if a government can print a billion pounds worth of bonds against which it's going to make a loss then it can print a billion pounds worth of pounds at virtually no cost to the tax payer whatsoever.

Don't get bogged down in the rich v poor taxation argument, it's just one more way of keeping different sections of society at one another's throats - distracting us from the true problem.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

okay, fair point on government bonds and banks etc - but it still sticks in my craw to have a bunch of millionaire tax dodgers calling themselves Taxpayers and lecturing poorer people about unjustified spending!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 June, 2011, 02:30:57 PM
okay, fair point on government bonds and banks etc - but it still sticks in my craw to have a bunch of millionaire tax dodgers calling themselves Taxpayers and lecturing poorer people about unjustified spending!

The Taxdodgers Alliance

I reckon the whole bloody lot of them should be bloody strung up.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 06:19:20 PM

The Taxdodgers Alliance

Who's "them"? Who decides who's to be hanged and who isn't? Murder is not the answer and it's that kind of comment that prevents people from seeing the real solutions to our problems.

If the system encourages some people to dodge taxes and also allows them to do so then it's the system that must die, not the human beings who take advantage of it. Rich or poor, high or low, we are all trapped in this hideous system together. Once the system is changed, then we can start having investigations and imprisoning those who deserve it (like the war criminals Blair, Brown and Cameron or the financial terrorists like Sir Mervyn Allister King, George Osborne  and most of the Rothschilds). The more we see this as an us and them problem, the more we fall into the old patterns that just drive us apart instead of uniting us in common cause.

A decent life for everyone; no exceptions, no compromises.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Robin Low

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 June, 2011, 05:01:26 PMIt seems that once people get into the public sector they think it has a bottomless pit of gold to spend.[/color]

No.

That's the general public you're thinking of.

The public sector contains the people who are obliged to make savings year in, year out (or, ironically, face their budgets being cut) while being expected to simultaneously expand and improve services.

Regards

Robin

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Robin Low on 23 June, 2011, 06:59:29 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 June, 2011, 05:01:26 PMIt seems that once people get into the public sector they think it has a bottomless pit of gold to spend.[/color]

No.

That's the general public you're thinking of.

The public sector contains the people who are obliged to make savings year in, year out (or, ironically, face their budgets being cut) while being expected to simultaneously expand and improve services.

Regards

Robin

Indeed. We have been saddled with a council tax freeze, been told to make saving and expand the service we provide- all at the same time. There has been a pay freeze for the past few years and one promised for the next five. That means there will be people who will not see a pay increase for EIGHT years, so forgive me if I disagree, CF.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 June, 2011, 06:38:41 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 06:19:20 PM

The Taxdodgers Alliance

Who's "them"? Who decides who's to be hanged and who isn't? Murder is not the answer and it's that kind of comment that prevents people from seeing the real solutions to our problems.

If the system encourages some people to dodge taxes and also allows them to do so then it's the system that must die, not the human beings who take advantage of it. Rich or poor, high or low, we are all trapped in this hideous system together. Once the system is changed, then we can start having investigations and imprisoning those who deserve it (like the war criminals Blair, Brown and Cameron or the financial terrorists like Sir Mervyn Allister King, George Osborne  and most of the Rothschilds). The more we see this as an us and them problem, the more we fall into the old patterns that just drive us apart instead of uniting us in common cause.

A decent life for everyone; no exceptions, no compromises.

It was meant as humor as in what a taxi driver might say about it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Oh if only that were true Robin. My mother-in-law was a Senior Staff Nurse and my wife works up at the Hospital now in the drug rehab part of it and I was in the forces and the stories of waste we could all talk about.

Obviously all these stories released under the freedom of information act are just lies and there is no waste what so ever in the public sector.

I still wait for the day that a left leaning person might admit to there being waste and the ability to save money in the public sector but I fear that day will never come.

Before you say it, there is waste in the private sector and you wouldn't believe the shit I cause at work talking about what goes on there but no-one wants to know!

P.S. I was the shop steward at my last place and believe me I can kick up a pile of shit if needs be. Can you believe it, me a right leaning person being the shop steward. That's because I believe in right over wrong above all else!

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 June, 2011, 06:38:41 PM
If the system encourages some people to dodge taxes and also allows them to do so then it's the system that must die, not the human beings who take advantage of it. Rich or poor, high or low, we are all trapped in this hideous system together.

No, I'm not having that. It's about CHOICE (a word that both this and the last governemnet abuse on a daily basis - but that's another argument). A rich man can choose to pay full taxes or move his assets offshore. A low paid worker doesn't have that choice. To say it's not their fault beacuse the system encourages them to dodge tax is like saying it's not the fault of poor people if they turn into muggers, everyone has a personal choice whether to behave decently or like a selfish cnut.

And CF, I'm a left-leaning person and of course there is waste in the public (and private) sector. However waste is not removed by slashing pensions or closing libraries.