Main Menu

2000 AD book reviews on my blog

Started by IndigoPrime, 22 May, 2008, 02:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

In addition to bitching about Nintendo DS games, retro games, web stuff and Macs, I today added a graphic novels stream to my blog at RevertToSaved.com. First up: Sláine: The King. Next up: the Flint collection and the new BPRD.

Link: http://reverttosaved.com/" target="_blank">Revert to Saved

Peter Wolf

Pac Man the movie

Now theres a challenge for a scriptwriter.

Perhaps Pac Man gets lost in the maze or eats some fruit finds an opening door within the maze and goes through and it turns out to be a dimension portal into which Pac Man finds an abundance of fruit and hallucinogenic drugs and none of those nasty ghost things that try and kill you at the end of each level.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

IndigoPrime

The one I linked to is a pretty funny take, but I really can't see how a Hollywood flick could work. Mind you, when I was writing that piece, I stumbled across a (fake) trailer for Tetris: the movie, which was pretty good.

Link: http://black20.com/black20-trailer-park/tetris-movie" target="_blank">Tetris - the movie!

Peter Wolf

That was quite funny  "Life is just blocks and trying to fit them together to make lines"

We will have a film made of that Tennis game that was the first ever video game at this rate.

"but I really can't see how a Hollywood flick could work."

I just hope they dont think it can work.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

IndigoPrime

"We will have a film made of that Tennis game that was the first ever video game at this rate."

Pong? Maybe, but that wasn't the first arcade game. Spacewar! is probably the earliest confirmed game (early 1960s on a PDP-1). Oddly enough, you probably could get a movie out of that one!

Art

the new BPRD

I quite liked the 1946 one, but Guy Davis is sorely missed.

IndigoPrime

I enjoyed Garden of Souls and Universal Machine, but Killing Ground was lacking in a few areas, and felt somewhat inconsequential. It's still better than a lot of series out there, but I wasn't that excited reading this one.

Looking forward to the next Hellboy, though.

Art

Killing Ground had awesome monster action! It did feel a bit like a bridge to something else though, and since then they've left us hanging a little with all the flashbacks and such.

Dark Jimbo

I'm up to Universal Machine, which I enjoyed more than the previous Black Flame. Nice to see Roger one last time. :-) For my money The Dead has still been the best of the series.

So 1946 is a proper, full-length series? I'd got the impression from somewhere it was just a one-off issue or something. And while I'm on the subject - what's the lowdown on this Abe Sapien solo series I've heard about? Surely it's not another spin-off from the spin-off?
@jamesfeistdraws

Art

1946 and the Abe Sapien thing are both flashbacky type multiparters with different artists - Abe Sapein is set in the 70s as an early mission on Mont Saint-Michel, and has some gorgeous art. Far on Frogs, the next BRPD thing, is a Roger focused flash-back to just before the events of Black Flame.  

Grant Goggans

At some point, I might like to start getting those new Hellboy/BPRD library editions.  I saw the first one and it is wonderful.  But something needs to change in the amount of disposable income in my wallet to invest in those.