General Chat > Film & TV

The Mandalorian

(1/79) > >>

judgeurko:
Has anybody watched this yet. Despite me being a bit bored of Star Wars I thought it was quite a good opening episode.

Frank:

It'll be interesting to see whether they commit to the premise of a lead who never removes his helmet*

It should give Tharg an idea whether Stronty Dog works as a TV show, too - Boba Fake even does a bit of mork whispering.

* If they do, I expect them to saddle him a more sympathetic sidekick, like Anderson in Dredd3D or Wulf in Stront. It'd give the viewer a more chatty and expressive character as a point of connection, and it'd mean they can have scenes where someone's able to be shown doing normal shit like eating or going undercover if the story requires it.

DrRocka:
From the very opening scene I thought it was just Strontium Dog with a boba fett fan.

Frank:

Cam Kennedy says it was his idea to get John Wagner in to script his Boba Fett book. Smart man:

IAMTHESYSTEM:
Here's Grace Randolph's review. Compares the lead to Karl Urban's Judge Dredd so bonus points there. Some might find Grace's delivery a bit ...weird.

https://youtu.be/IH-ILIgSLzQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version