Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid - SEMI FINALS - D’Israeli or Simon Fraser

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 February, 2021, 06:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

A very hard one this, as I look forward to each of these gentlemen's work with equal enthusiasm. I have to go with Simon Fraser on balance. But it was very close.

SBT

IndigoPrime

Nikolai Dante will always be up there as one of 2000 AD's very best strips, and it wouldn't have been what it was without Simon Fraser. But for his imagination, ingenuity and constant reinvention, this one has to go with D'Israeli.

shaolin_monkey

Rogue Judge

D'Israeli. In colour or in B&W, his art is always consistently great.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

DrJomster

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 February, 2021, 05:43:30 PM
Nikolai Dante will always be up there as one of 2000 AD's very best strips, and it wouldn't have been what it was without Simon Fraser. But for his imagination, ingenuity and constant reinvention, this one has to go with D'Israeli.

This is a good summary. D'Israeli for me too. Love the thought that goes into the different techniques he delivers.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

TordelBack

A great match-up for me, because despite their very different styles I like almost exactly the same things about both artists: incredible attention to the design of every environment, and instantly distinctive faces. Simon I think just has the edge on depicting people, and Matt on technology. Simon does the best clothes, Matt the best aliens/monsters. Both are superb at communicating completely believable emotions. Both pack their backgrounds with gags and treats that reward re-reading.

Look, they're both wonderful. But D'Israeli's crazily elaborate experimental processes delight me, so I'm going with him.

Andrew_J

BPP

I mean the answer is Henry Flint but I'll go for D'israeli whilst hoping Fraser stays around a lot longer.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Think I know which way this is going, but can't say 100%. Last day votes could swing this, though it might be to far gone. Either way if you have haven't yet get your vote in today and I'll count up in the morning.

Link Prime

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 February, 2021, 04:19:30 PM
D'Israeli, and D'amn him for knocking out Flint!

Yeah, I was very surprised by this! It would be Flint and MacNeil in the final for me. Not to take anything away from D'Israeli, who got my vote in this round.