Main Menu

Future Shocks Radio

Started by Goosegash, 14 February, 2021, 10:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

I couldn't find a thread about this, apologies if there is one. So, er...has anyone managed to listen to these new audio drama/podcasts yet?

I attempted to do so earlier on the 2000AD app, and was told I couldn't access them as I wasn't a subscriber - I do actually have a paper sub for the Prog and Meg, but as the app seemingly doesn't recognise this I guess I'm out of luck when it comes to these.

Have any digital subscribers had any better luck?

NapalmKev

I'm also a physical subscriber.

On 16th Dec 2020 I received an email from 2000AD about the Future shock podcast. Upon clicking the link I was redirected to my Google account to download the app. Have a look at your inbox, you may have missed it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Goosegash

Quote from: NapalmKev on 14 February, 2021, 10:51:43 AM
I'm also a physical subscriber.

On 16th Dec 2020 I received an email from 2000AD about the Future shock podcast. Upon clicking the link I was redirected to my Google account to download the app. Have a look at your inbox, you may have missed it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Thanks, I've checked but nothing received about this at all. Hmm.

WhizzBang

I have listened to them and enjoyed them. Length is about 20-25 minutes with 2 shocks per episode, they are not padded out,  and the tone between sci-fi and humour is about right. I'll be looking out for the next one arriving.

Andrew_J

They are great fun. Really well produced too. If the standard of production carries through to the upcoming audio adaptations of America, Halo Jones, etc., we are in for a treat.

AlexF

I'm a digital subscriber, and the podcast bit of the App has been visible since the New Year but the 'play' button only started working last week. Worth the wait, though!

WhizzBang

The play button doesn't work for me now. Is it working for anyone else?

Edit: I got it to work now by closing the app properly and then re-opening it