Main Menu

Now I Know My ABCs...

Started by Funt Solo, 31 March, 2021, 05:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Oh, man - I owe so much to Barney just in terms of daily usage and harvesting a bunch of data - plus, Barney can do things my A to Z is just not capable of - like searching by creator, or looking up individual issues, or checking out the covers.  Whole other thread about that - but anyone in the game of replacing Barney has a mountain to climb.

As for Sinister Dexter - whoo, boy! There's just no way to fit that all on one page - you'd have to divide it up somehow. Tis funtin' inconceivable, I tell ye! I'm so overwhelmed I'm getting a frisson impossible.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Hmmm, if Sinister Dexter is going to be a challenge then I suppose my request for Nemesis the Warlock / associate Millsverse will be a bit tricky too?

Funt Solo

Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2021, 09:05:44 AM
Hmmm, if Sinister Dexter is going to be a challenge then I suppose my request for Nemesis the Warlock / associate Millsverse will be a bit tricky too?

Some questions are easy to answer - like, clearly, Terror Tube, Killer Watt & Ego Trip all belong under the "Nemesis" banner. But what of the year 2000 series Deadlock - it's set on Termight, but Nemesis just ain't in it (unless Deadlock is Nemesis).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Funt Solo the turn around to include Sinister Dexter does you proud. I just checked this big leather bound, gold embossed tome listing top ten of all things. And under examples of human kind there you are.

A little further on, under 'Problems you don't even wanna start unwrapping' is where to draw the line between ABC Warriors and Nemesis. Though a helpful appendix suggests leaving Deadlock under ABCs given no Nemesis and only an established common setting to unit them really... and Purity...

Funt Solo

Yesterday it was all "does Dexter get it's own banner separate from Sinister Dexter?" and now it's the Deadlock series, that neatly straddles two banners. It's not really ABCs and it's not really Nemesis - I think I'll need to give Deadlock his own banner and then link it across (like I did with Downlode Tales and Malone).

My most recent head-scratcher is what to do with Mek-Quake's appearance in Book III. At that point, Mek-Quake wasn't part of the ABCs, so strictly I should link it back to Ro-Busters. But he does become a focal point of the ABCs later, so maybe...

It's such a cameo-role, though, rather than a strong narrative link. Maybe just a note...

That Pat Mills - he doesn't make indexing stuff easy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm a few days behind, but... YOU DID SINISTER DEXTER! I could kiss you. Thanks so much! Now I can at last start my reread...

SBT

Colin YNWA

It is your and you must find your own way but I'd defo suggest any solo ABC is an off shot of ABC even if its not ABC? Mind the Mek-Quake is a very interesting dilemma - just link it to Tharg and the Nerve Centre and be done with it!

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 April, 2021, 05:40:31 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 16 April, 2021, 09:05:44 AM

Some questions are easy to answer - like, clearly, Terror Tube, Killer Watt & Ego Trip all belong under the "Nemesis" banner. But what of the year 2000 series Deadlock - it's set on Termight, but Nemesis just ain't in it (unless Deadlock is Nemesis).

Deadlock is very thematically tied to the last book of Nemesis though.  Tell you what - I'd sooner include Deadlock in an incomplete Nemesis colleciton than I would Nemesis and Deadlock (The Enigmass Variations).

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 April, 2021, 06:56:31 PM
...Mek-Quake is a very interesting dilemma - just link it to Tharg and the Nerve Centre and be done with it!

*weeps quietly in a corner as he starts to index all appearances of Alec Trench*

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 April, 2021, 07:29:33 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 April, 2021, 06:56:31 PM
...Mek-Quake is a very interesting dilemma - just link it to Tharg and the Nerve Centre and be done with it!

*weeps quietly in a corner as he starts to index all appearances of Alec Trench*

Alec only appeared in two stories - one where the writer died and one where they were brought back from the dead.  All those posters, however...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 April, 2021, 11:09:09 PM
As for Sinister Dexter - whoo, boy! There's just no way to fit that all on one page - you'd have to divide it up somehow.

On the first page, you've got 'Finnigan's Minigun' listed as 'Finnigan & Minigun'.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

A-Z Updates

Fixed:
- Finnigan's Minigun (thanks, DJ!)

Added:
- The Amazing Maze Dumoir
- Skip Tracer (of course)
- Nemesis the Warlock
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

A-Z Updates

New:
- art credits for each of the intro images
- Downlode Tales
- [Torquemada]
- some tabular adjustments to the Nemesis layout
- removed poster & feature data from the overall episode / page chart
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Oh my God. This is some sexy, sexy stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws