Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Yeah both those Rogue Pictures are stunning but have to say the Colin Wilson one is just sublime. So glad the project is working out so well for you and looking forward to seeing more.

Link Prime

Fantastic Ming.
My personal fav so far is Blackblood- Flint's stint on the Warriors was great.

ming

D'Israeli - Big Jobs!

Although I love D'Israeli's more recent contributions to Low Life, Stickleback, Leviathan, etc., I was really curious to seem him apply his prodigious talent to something a little unexpected; a mutual love for early Ro-Busters led to this little gem...  Always a pleasure to see physical art from D'Israeli!

blackmocco

This is the greatest thread ever...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Pete Wells

I've known about this book for quite a while now but bloody hell, I didn't expect it to be so amazing!

Fatboydale

Lovely book ..... well done and now get it filled .... ;)

Steven Sterlacchini

Skullmo

What a book!

The contributions are outstanding!
It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

Thanks, folks.  Everyone's going way above and beyond the call of duty of this...

Steve Yeowell - The Blue Wizard

Steve did a sketch for me once before but patience has never been my strong suit so I hurried back 25 years later for a second helping.  Something Zenith-related seemed like an obvious choice but I was keen to get away from Zenith himself and requested one of the relatively minor characters from Phase III; after umming and ahhing for a bit I eventually opted for The Blue Wizard.

Colin YNWA

What's great about that Blue Wizard picture is it looks like it could have been lifted straight out of Phase III. The character choice has allowed the Mighty Yeowell to go for those solid, contrasting blocks of black and white that so defined his art of that time.

Fantastic... but then you knew I'd say that!

chiefy2shoes

ming

Chris Weston

The endpapers of the sketchbook feature Chris Weston's phenomenal who's who of 2000AD; I loved his take on Kano in this and Chris humoured me and produced this beauty.

maryanddavid

That's class, I really like D'Isreali's contribution too.

o1s1n

When I first clicked the thread I thought I was going to see comic con type sketches - by jaysus was I wrong. These are all gorgeous and to such a high finish! Not a bad one in the lot!

I also especially love that Colin Wilson Rogue page. There's something really spectacular about it. I think it's the incredible variation between the loose foliage and the hard lines of the machinery. Just breathtaking.

blackmocco

The best part is that now everyone Ming asks to contribute is going to try to outdo everyone else. By the time he's finished, Brian Bolland will have contributed a three-mile long foldout...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com