Main Menu

Dredd Petitions and other means of fighting for a sequel

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 May, 2013, 03:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

A new petition went online this morning but because the poster is new, he posted it in his welcome thread and couldn't make a dedicated thread for it. I've decided to start a thread primarily about how we can use this medium to petition for a sequel. It may be through the petitions, or as was shown in the Dredd thread (which may have been swallowed up) by emailing and sending letters to the powers that be!

PETITION FOR A SEQUEL All this takes is a name, a signature and if you want, a comment and it will take less than a few minutes if you include reading the actual petition. You can even sign in with Facebook!

BRING BACK DREDD This takes a little longer, as you have to add other fields when you sign. Now don't let the fact that about 10-15% of this petition is written in capitals put you off. The person who made this petition has actually done something which many people won't, so let's back it!

Now we have the email addresses and postal addresses, if you feel that you can spend a bit longer putting forward what you would like to happen.

IM Global:
email:
info@imglobalfilm.com

mail to:
IM GLOBAL
8322 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles
CA 90048
United States

DNA FILMS:
email:
info@dnafilms.com

mail to:
DNA Films
10 Amwell Street
London
EC1R 1UQ

Obviously we can all sit back and moan about the world and everything that is wrong with it but with this we can direct something towards the people who hold the possibilities for a sequel to the character that we love reading about.

I hope you can at least sign the petitions but as said above, if you have a little extra spare time then if you write to the companies, then who knows what might happen.

Naysayers need not apply!

Goaty

von Boom

von Boom

Forgot to say I signed them both and I'm strongly considering writing a real letter to both as well. Somehow I think actually posting something would carry more weight than an ephemeral collection of electrons.

COMMANDO FORCES

Indeed I'm gonna do a letter to both when I get a free moment.

James Stacey

I was thinking about this and is it worth adding a gimmick to the letters like the Stargate Cancellation one where fans sent tissue boxes to paramount. Justice Dept citation or the like, just to make them more memorable / annoying

The Sherman Kid

Already sent a couple emails each over the last couple of weeks (sent two more today ;)).

As for letters very good idea to include something that makes them memorable.Maybe someone could post something online we could all print off to include.I do like the citation idea  :)

Professor Bear

I think if we ran a Kickstarter and raised 20 million dollars, the company would be up for doing it.

COMMANDO FORCES

junox

Great
as  Mr Urban said its up to the FANS... also cant 2000Adonline send a news letter to all registered members to do this ..............  not everyone  come to the forum everyday

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: junox on 22 May, 2013, 06:09:27 PM
Great
as  Mr Urban said its up to the FANS... also cant 2000Adonline send a news letter to all registered members to do this ..............  not everyone  come to the forum everyday

Another good idea.I nominate Mr Clements for this task  :D

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 22 May, 2013, 07:53:55 PM
Quote from: junox on 22 May, 2013, 06:09:27 PM
Great

Another good idea.I nominate Mr Clements for this task  :D

Naughty..! ;-)

I, Cosh

Christ! As if life isn't bad enough for someone trying to get there foot in the door of the industry by working an unpaid internship with an independent film company. Now they're going to be opening countless envelopes ripe with the foetid miasma of middle-aged geek. It's like being Tony Lee without the beard.
We never really die.

Teivion

Heres an idea.

Of sorts *

Instead of signing petitions etc, how about getting a cinema chain involved.

Through this cinema- BUY an actual, but fictitious, cinema ticket to see Dredd 2.

Buying the ticket acts as your 'petition' BUT....

The cinema chain agrees to honour the ticket should the film be made.

That way, a certain amount of actual revenue can be generated by the fans, an held by a middle man, in this case the cinema.

Sorted.

* I havent thought this through much so take it with a pinch of salt. Actually, I doubt it would work at all, but I can only imagine IMG getting really pissed at spamming them with emails, as I think has been said before.

Bye !

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie