Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Book of Boba Fett [SPOILERS]  (Read 4541 times)

CalHab

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
Re: The Book of Boba Fett
« Reply #77 on: 27 January, 2022, 10:40:27 AM »
Unless he plans on decapitating all his future bounties?

Not sure where he’d keep even those. One per trip, in his lap? He’s just not thought this through. Tsk. Boys and fast cars, eh?

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #78 on: 28 January, 2022, 03:10:11 PM »
Unless he plans on decapitating all his future bounties?

Not sure where he’d keep even those. One per trip, in his lap? He’s just not thought this through. Tsk. Boys and fast cars, eh?

Crossed my mind upon first sight too - only so many heads you could fit in the droid Grogu seat.

Mister Pops

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • You're Goddamn right!
    • View Profile
You may quote me on that.

Trooper McFad

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28 January, 2022, 06:26:16 PM »
If anyone has skipped the clone wars then a watch through that (can’t remember which seasons) they deal with a big chunk of Mandalore prior to it being destroyed. I thought it’s was decent especially the last 2/3 seasons
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 30 January, 2022, 07:23:52 PM »
Well that reminded me what I've been missing from this series... STARS. It was nice to get off Tatooine and see some star fields.

One of the great things about Episode 1 was all of the gorgeous design work. Was a shame to see the beautiful star fighter design spoilt with all of the greeblies they added.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
~~~^~~~~~~~

Dive a little deeper - all is not as it seems. "Cyber pandemic" on the way. Devices to be "quarantined" (disconnected).

PsychoGoatee

• Posting Machine
  • Drokk!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 31 January, 2022, 05:32:45 PM »
Just wanted to say, love The Mandalorian! Just finally got around to giving it a full go, ended up watching the two seasons over the past week. Lotta fun, cool Star Wars tales.

I wonder if any of the writers read Strontium Dog by the way! Wouldn't surprise me. I noticed a comics writer Christopher Yost in the credits, known for some X-Men books.

Just starting Book of Boba now.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #85 on: 02 February, 2022, 09:19:22 PM »
This series has some seriously weird pacing. Also, given all the voice acting he’s done in the past, Hamill was like a plank of wood here. Not a bad episode in terms of things happening, but it felt like moving chess pieces for what happens next.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #86 on: 02 February, 2022, 10:06:44 PM »
All great episodes as far as I'm concerned, but I agree about the pacing - one episode left of the seven episode series and - apart from 10 seconds of the explosion the war hasn't begun yet - they've got to pack a lot in to next week's episode!

PsychoGoatee

• Posting Machine
  • Drokk!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 03 February, 2022, 12:58:50 AM »
Good points on the ship there!

I just caught up, really dig the Book of Boba. Fun stuff. I like how it overall has had it's own pace and vibe, very much like a classic Western. With that wild SW vibe and quirks we'd come to expect and want of course.

In general I like how it feels like it could go a lot of places, and in a zen cowboy kind of way, I'm okay with it going anywhere. It has characters we care about, but it's kind of laid-back and easygoing plot wise. Yet it also feels inventive and fresh. Can't wait for more of this fine universe.

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #89 on: 03 February, 2022, 08:48:24 AM »
Re: the ship.

As is pretty obvious, it's a bit small for a bounty hunter (unless that bounty hunter is only going to be collecting heads, which isn't exactly Mando's style).  Though seeing as Boba has left the bounty hunter life behind, perhaps the impractical ship is foreboding of something similar for Mando?  And it's the perfect size for a little Grogu, if Grogu picks the mithril above the lightsabre.