Main Menu

Panini Marvel UK prints

Started by Something Fishy, 20 August, 2005, 02:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artificial Idiot

They're reprinting A Death in the Family!? Argh! I'm going to have to start buying it again now...

The Monarch

yeah from issue 26 it takes over from the reprints of batman year 1

Something Fishy

how do you find this stuff out so far ahead?

How long has batman legends been running?

Finally.. is that the one where Jason Todd dies?

Artificial Idiot

It's either the one where Jason dies or the one where Tim become Robin. Although, I can't imagine Batman Legends priting the Tim one before the Jason one so my bets are on the former...

Something Fishy

i think Tim becomming Robin is in the collection called "Robin", read this just a couple of weeks back (inherited a pile of GN's and stuff from an old friend when he passed on).

I would guess on the Jason Todd one.

Artificial Idiot

Yep, Amazon confirms that the Tim Drake one is called 'A Lonely Place of Dying'by Wolfman Marv.

Something Fishy

hh, maybe this "Robin" colelction, which shows him getting his cape and then having his first adventure, is an older collection?

VampiraJen

i am psyched to see that they are going to reprint a death in the family in legends as i have never read it and cannpt find it in gn form although i do know it exists in gn form

is this for definate?   that would be wicked, i've wanted to read that for ages.  was getting excited coz the editor was dropping hints.   that's still another two issues.   aahhhrrrgggg!

The Monarch

A death in the family is indeed the story where jason todd is killed by the joker.

The editor has indeed been dropping hints that its coming a few months ago in the letters page it was mentioned that one of the jokers darkest storylines was coming (at the time i thought it was the killing joke) until this months mentioned one of bruce waynes most traumatic moments in his life (aside from the moment his parents got gunned down)

trust me this is definate

The Monarch

Death in the family has now been confirmed for the next issue of batman legends

VampiraJen

Artificial Idiot

I actually managed to buy 'A Death in the Family' from a car boot for ?2.

It's quite a cracking story, but it's let down by the perchant for American comic writers not letting the art do the work for them and explaining everything in appaling detail.

VampiraJen

It's quite a cracking story, but it's let down by the perchant for American comic writers not letting the art do the work for them and explaining everything in appaling detail.

yes that's my problem with a lot of american comics.  

the lack of this is the reason why i'm loving grant morrisons run on x-men.