Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Best of luck Radiator.

I mentioned a while ago that I know a couple who moved to Portland a few years ago. I am not in contact with them but from time to time I look at their blog and it seems they love the area – they do some amazing trips. Oregon looks stunning.

(Portland seems to attract quite a few designers that I come across. Usually due to Nike.)

COMMANDO FORCES

Just took our dual fuel readings and put them into the online bollocks thingy. We're using 23% less than the same period as last year, we're £476 in credit but I wonder if the shits will try again to put our direct debit up again, only for me to put it back where it is, or even lower it after the next bill :crazy:

Hawkmumbler

Just made my first payment for next March's Icelandic dive. £100 down, another £500 to go. Great value for flights, five nights, ten meals, 8 dives (including 2 where you literally TOUCH TWO CONTINENTS), and a glacial hike to see the Northern Lights. :D

Oh, and the visibility in Icelandic waters is over 200 meters. Madness!

mogzilla

just had a therapeutic morning in the manc...£48 in forbidden planet ...don't tell the wife ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Tiplodocus

Just been to Manchester to shag some comic nerds wife while he was away at the shops.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

radiator

Passed my theory test this week, and had my second driving lesson today, in which I drove the 2ish miles back from Islington to my flat almost unaided and without injuring anyone!

Dandontdare

Quote from: radiator on 28 February, 2014, 02:40:54 PM
Passed my theory test this week, and had my second driving lesson today, in which I drove the 2ish miles back from Islington to my flat almost unaided and without injuring anyone!
Nice one - If I'd had to learn to drive in London, I don't think I would've bothered.

I, Cosh

Good show. I passed my driving test at the age of forty last June and have driven precisely zero times since then.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Cosh on 28 February, 2014, 05:56:50 PM
Good show. I passed my driving test at the age of forty last June and have driven precisely zero times since then.

Don't worry, it's like running over a bike.

radiator

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 February, 2014, 05:15:36 PM
Nice one - If I'd had to learn to drive in London, I don't think I would've bothered.

It's not that bad - there're lots of quiet backstreets around East London, I don't think he'll expect me to drive down Oxford Street during rush hour. I'm having my test in Wanstead, which is practically countryside idyll compared to the City.

Pretty much have to learn as you deffo can't get away with relying on public transport in America! Doesn't really matter if I fail, just need a good grounding so I'll be able to pass over there.

Trout

Driving an automatic's a lot easier, too, Radiator. Nice one!

staticgirl

My Aunty Liz moved to New Jersey and passed there. She wouldn't have been allowed on the roads in the UK.... Some states are very forgiving.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 01 March, 2014, 12:41:15 PM
Available now- ZARJAZ 20.

Behind the cover by Mick Cassidy, Peeps the droid brings more thrills lifted directly from the cortex of The Mighty One Himself.

This issue we present:

DownlodeTales- Sewer Side, 7 pages by writer Tom Proudfoot and artist George Coleman.   
J
Still only £3.00, you don't deserve it! From [img=http://www.futurequake.co.uk/shop.php]http://The FQP Webshop[/img]

yeaahaa!
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Because three good things happened today- my long-ago-ordered comics arrived from Disposable Heroes, (but not the Underbelly reprint, has that come out yet?), I found both Storming Heaven collection and the nightmare on elm st 3 DVD in a charity shop for four pounds and one pound respectively, and I finally came to a major decision about my future that I had been putting off. Just need to tell those involved now. :/

SBT

Banners

Quote from: SmallBlueThing

Just need to tell those involved now. :/

SBT

Well, we're waiting...

;-)