Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Got an interview at the Beeb tommorow.

Which ironically is at a time when I should be having a meeting with another person at the BBC in my current position (and is directly tied to the position I would be applying for) but I have to cut that meeting short to make the interview, and there was no budging the time.

Also just put a holding deposit down on a 1 bed flat in Richmond. Time to leave the house share!

Frank

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 06 March, 2014, 04:39:41 PM

Congratulations and best of luck, neebs. Although, I hope you weren't looking to work on Snog, Marry, Avoid or Don't Tell The Bride.

Or Tomorrow's World.

TordelBack

Best of luck TheBlazeUK!  Once you're in the door get lobbying for an ABC Warriors/RoboHunter/Dredd cartoon on CBBC.

Theblazeuk

Quote from: sauchie on 06 March, 2014, 06:12:23 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 06 March, 2014, 04:39:41 PM

Congratulations and best of luck, neebs. Although, I hope you weren't looking to work on Snog, Marry, Avoid or Don't Tell The Bride.

Or Tomorrow's World.

Heh. I am typing with a fractured finger so cut me some slack.

Think it went well... but who knows eh.

radiator

Because it seems like, with iOS 7.1, Apple have finally got off their collective arse and sorted out the horrible performance/lag issues that had effectively broken my iPhone 4 ever since I installed it.

And it only took them 6 or 7 months!

Dunk!

'Cos tonights reading list involves Stan Sakai's 47 Ronin adaptation and the latest Xaime Love and Rockets compilation.
"Trust we"

Theblazeuk

Bah, life was okay till I looked at my post higher up and was reminded of that interview (which I did not get).

Oh well. Life is okay because its sunny and I managed to fix my phone today.

Rog69

I was stunned last night to see that my local exchange is getting Fibre to the cabinet  :D, the place I live in is one of those that is always last on the list when it comes to upgrades, I was still on dial-up when I move into this house 10 years ago.

The broadband here has been appalling for a long time, I can't really work from home any longer because of it and we've never really been able to use streaming services etc, but from July they are replacing the wet string from my exchange to our village with some lovely fibre.

Now all I need is for someone to build a pub here and this place will be perfect.

JayzusB.Christ

I was sick all weekend, but felt a bit better today.  So I went to my local park (a lovely little wooded spot that runs along the countryside part of the Liffey) for the first time this year to pick wild garlic, only to realise that they'd done it up beautifully since my last visit; even putting some animals in. Long-haired sheep and these things, which I'd never seen in the flesh before:

Anyway, I got home and cooked salmon and wild garlic for me and a friend, had a splendid day and really felt for the first time that the winter was over.  I remember now why I moved out of Dublin city centre.

EDIT: Johnnystress, get down to that park and check it out.  You know you want to  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

COMMANDO FORCES

Had a bit of instant Karma today while out shopping.

I was wandering around a supermarket, heading towards the ice cream isle, when a young girl came running up to me with tears in her eyes. She quickly told me that her mother had fallen out of her wheelchair and so I followed her back to where her mother was half sat up on the floor. I quickly pushed their trolley out of the way, so I could get into the best position to lift her up. Once that was sorted I asked if she was okay, to which she said yes. I then told her what I was about to do, where I was going to place my body and hands to lift her. I lifted her up easily and placed her onto her wheelchair and asked again if she was okay again, as she was slightly shook up.

Anyway after thanking me, to which I said it was no problem, just glad I could help, I wandered off to buy a load of Magnums and when I went to pay for them the tills were chokka. Luckily for me a few members of the public had seen what I did and a couple with a massive trolley load on the conveyor belt let me go in front. How nice was that!

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 April, 2014, 04:42:25 PM
How nice was that!

Really nice, John. Please tell me you were in full uniform at the time.

Hawkmumbler