Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Zarjazzer

Progless again this week. *gasp* All copies bought already. At least my newsagent is going to order an extra copy or two. 
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 April, 2014, 10:33:46 AM
Any excuse to post this link, from 0:55 on, but it's all good:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bEGLbCNRqw

Well, that's pretty much my thoughts on the matter summed up perfectly!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dunk!

Finally, almost 2 years to the day since pledging to its KickStarter, my copy of Sullivan's Sluggers is delivered to my work desk.

Halle-fuckin-lujah the farce is over.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dunk! on 28 April, 2014, 12:05:33 PM
Finally, almost 2 years to the day since pledging to its KickStarter, my copy of Sullivan's Sluggers is delivered to my work desk.

Halle-fuckin-lujah the farce is over.

Dunk!

I wasn't aware of this - does sound like a bit of a palaver! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/01/sullivans-sluggers-complaints-reach-critical-mass-plus-shipping/

IAMTHESYSTEM

Couldn't sign in to 2000ad WEBSITE. Can now hopefully.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hawkmumbler

Where moving house!!!! Which means longer commutes, less contact with close friends and family and higher lot's of decorating. But it's all worth it because the room i've chosen will have a special alcove for my comic shelves!  :D

Cyberleader2000

my laptop is back from the repair shop the bactoury is burnt out but its working and my external hard drive is also bad and the data was unretrivibile
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

TordelBack

Tee-hee, in my endless struggles with the bank I have scored the most minor of victories.   

In their most recent set of demands, they gave us a deadline of 20 working days to accede to their proposal and make the first payment of a new - higher* - mortgage plan which would also see us chained to the Wheel of Pain until we are 71.  The 20 days are a formal statutory part of the arrears resolution process, but someone** in the bank can't add, because their deadline is only 16 days from the date of the letter, and 14 days from when we received it.  So they can feck right off and write another legal proposal*** before they get so much as the steam off my piss.

Teeny tiny victories in a doomed campaign that drags ever on, but every one to be savoured!

*Higher that is than the one we were on when our joint income was three times what it is now.
**Let's face it, most of the people in there...
***I'm happy**** to meet my obligations and pay my debts, but there's no point signing up to a plan that I know we couldn't sustain for more then three months before we were in arrears again.  Someone in there is going to have to cop on and come up with something that is actuallydoable..
**** Well.

JamesC

I just picked up a copy of Hero Quest in a charity shop for £3.45.
Some kid has made a horrible mess of painting the miniatures but a quick google search reveals that I should be able to clean them up with Dettol and a toothbrush.
I'm not sure it's 100% complete but it must be pretty close - character sheets and everything.

GrinningChimera

Quote from: JamesC on 26 June, 2014, 06:29:31 PM
Some kid has made a horrible mess of painting the miniatures but a quick google search reveals that I should be able to clean them up with Dettol and a toothbrush.
I'm not sure it's 100% complete but it must be pretty close - character sheets and everything.

It wasn't in the West Midlands was it? Cus that's where mine went. And it fits the description :D

JamesC

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 26 June, 2014, 07:55:46 PM

It wasn't in the West Midlands was it? Cus that's where mine went. And it fits the description :D

Nope, the Red Cross shop in Norwich.
I've checked through it all and it's complete and all in great condition. I just need to clean the figures up.

In case anyone's wondering, I donated a big bag of really good stuff (including some good comics) to the same shop last month so I don't feel guilty about getting such a bargain!

radiator

Score! Must admit, though, I'd be tempted to hawk it on eBay for mad profit!

shaolin_monkey

I spent rather a lot of money impulsively...

...but then found the object of my desire was worth every penny!  :D

Fungus