Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin Zeal

A new comic shop has opened up near to where I live in Hackney, east London. This is the first one in the area that I can think of opening, so the fact that the owner thinks he can make a go of it is excellent news. What brings this down to only ok news is the fact that I will travel past it on my way home from work every day and my spirit is weak and my wallet empty.

Theblazeuk

My comic shop in Richmond does not stock 2000AD :(

Colin Zeal

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 21 August, 2014, 10:14:55 AM
My comic shop in Richmond does not stock 2000AD :(

Is that Ray Gun comics? If so the one that has opened in Hackney is run by the same bloke and also called Ray Gun. The owner lives in Hackney and opened this one to save him from having to travel down to Richmond each morning. I had an interesting chat with him yesterday about the prog and how many back issues he has. He said that part of the reason why comic shops keep so many back issues is the belief that one day the American market will cotton on to the fact that this is where you can get very early Moore/Morrison work and will start buying it up.

Theblazeuk

That is Ray Gun Comics! Amazed the guy comes all the way down from Hackney - hope this doesn't mean he's going to close the one in Richmond down.... It always seems busy with the kids and parents in Richmond but Hackney will have the hipster pound.

Colin Zeal

The one in Hackney is tiny - the Richmond shop three or four times bigger according to the owner. I very much doubt he would close down a bigger shop for this one.

Theblazeuk

Wow - the Hackney one must be like a phone box. The Richmond one is not exactly big.

Proudhuff

Got an invite to the Mills/Mina GN Book Launch on Friday,

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 August, 2014, 02:27:04 PM
Got an invite to the Mills/Mina GN Book Launch on Friday,

and had a nice chat with Bryan Talbot and Hannah B,  which was nice  ;)
and got used by Denise Mina to dump a book bore

more importantly bumped into an old friend from Orkney...which was even nicer

DDT did a job on me

Grugz

Quote from: von Boom on 18 August, 2014, 02:27:24 PM
The wife and I are celebrating our 19th wedding anniversary today. Where does the time go?

if she's owt like mine it'll have its proper place and gawd help you if you don't tidy it away properly ;)
we've just had our 15th a couple of weeks ago.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

NapalmKev

After 5 Damn Years I'm finally 'Debt Free'!

CHEERS
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Minkyboy

Quote from: NapalmKev on 27 August, 2014, 09:18:14 AM

CHEERS

Nice one Kev. Well done, good feeling.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

von Boom

Quote from: NapalmKev on 27 August, 2014, 09:18:14 AM

CHEERS

Congrats Kev. Nicely done.

NapalmKev

Cheers Minkyboy and Von Boom. Twas a rough old time, especially at the start when I would sometimes receive 20+ phonecalls in a single day, from people demanding money that they knew I couldn't provide. I can now entertain a Subscription to the Prog and even a holiday abroad by the end of the year.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Grugz

been there ,doing that only about 2 years to go! ::) cant wait to put that message up myself.

it was stress ful getting calls everyday even at work when I had never given out my mobile or work details to them?!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Grugz

...of Tesco vouchers,meaning the family (2 adults and one sprog) didn't have to pay well in excess of £40 to visit blackpool zoo .