Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

...says the man whose avatar is mainlining skag.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

It's actually Homer injecting a box of doughnuts, so that makes YOU the real hypocrite.

ZenArcade

Bears predicament is all too prevalent throughout these islands, I've had similar experiences with antisocial wanks fucking up the quiet enjoyment of both me and my neighbours homes and sleep patterns. It is an absolute nightmare trying to get it dealt with and when you do, you have the sick feeling that the bastards are  mearly shunted on to some other area to visit the same selfish, ignorant, thoughtless crassness onto other poor souls. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dandontdare

Our old downstairs neighbors were a delightful couple.

Within days of moving in, they'd ascertained we had a video and asked if they could come upstairs to watch their wedding video "because we've never seen it and it has all three kids on it" (all in care). After that, we were their bestest mates, however shitty their behavior became.

They would knock on the door at all hours to scrounge tinfoill ("we're cooking a chicken") or baking soda ("I'm making scones" - at 2am). I once had to call out all 3 emergency services in one week - she turned up fresh from A&E and jonesing asking m to call her an ambulance she'd "picked up an infection" at the hospital; a couple of days after that she set fire to her kitchen, ad then a few days after that, a fella she'd been knocking round with broke in and smashed her flat to pieces. (At this point, her husband was inside after threatening to shoot policemen that SHE'D called in response to one of their regular screaming rows).

The people in that flat now are delightful, so the moral is - hope the next lot are nicer!

Banners

Just had our Council Tax band reduced and back-dated after I made the case that we have been paying too much.

Dandontdare

Busy day for deliveries - first thing (and I mean 7.15 ferchrissakes) the Ikea van arrived with a Torkel and a couple of large Kallaxes (that's a swivel chair and two 4x4 bookcases in old money), then the Amazon chap came with my IDW Anderson TPB, Nemo:Rivers of Ice and All-New Ultimates vol.2. Finally, Curry's rolled up (only a week late) with my new washing machine. There goes my 2015 bonus payment *sigh*

I've never owned a proper washing machine before (used to have an ancient twin-tub), and have just managed with the local laundrette and regular visits to my mum's, but the prices for a service wash were getting ridiculous so I took the plunge.

The flat is now totally crammed with drying laundry, flat-pack boxes and piles of books and comics. And I've just realised I don't have a big enough floor space to assemble my book cases. This should be fun!

maryanddavid

Coke down the bore really does free the piston, Lawnmower going again!

Mardroid

I recently switched to another bank account partly encouraged by a £100 incentive.

I just checked my account to see if it had been paid.

It hadn't.

They'd paid £125 instead.

Where did that extra £25? come from?

This account will also pay you an extra £5.00 if you pay a certain amount in per month (I forget how much but I think it's £800, I believe. Not an issue as my monthly wages will get paid into here) and make two direct debits. Oh, and stay in credit.

That's not £25 though, so again... why? Have they upped the incentive since I applied?

I'm not containing mind. Its a nice surprise, but I wonder if it was an error.

ZenArcade

A wee heads up re Tordelback. I was in contact ith him during the week, he is on the mend and sends Galactic Greetings to all of his fellow Squax on the forum. Z :D
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Well my holidays over. Dive kit packed away and now at home. But I sweetened the wound by reading the FCBD prog and (trying to at least) a copy of Diabolik #4 i nabbed in Malta.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 April, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

I've never owned a proper washing machine before (used to have an ancient twin-tub), and have just managed with the local laundrette and regular visits to my mum's, but the prices for a service wash were getting ridiculous so I took the plunge.

Welcome to the world of built in obsolesence. Welcome to the world of hurt.
Lock up your spoons!

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 May, 2015, 10:08:41 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 April, 2015, 09:45:05 PM

Welcome to the world of built in obsolesence. Welcome to the world of hurt.

Don't worry, I've owned i-pods, digital cameras, phones and DVD players. I've got my passport stamped and my frequent flier miles.

Dandontdare

In a couple of hours time, I'm off work for a week and the weather forecast is lovely  :D

Tjm86

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 June, 2015, 03:23:56 PM
In a couple of hours time, I'm off work for a week and the weather forecast is lovely  :D

You're obviously not going to Wales then.

Dandontdare

I've just checked and the forecast isn't great at all - my workmates have been lying to me!