Main Menu

Who Are The Creators?

Started by Funt Solo, 06 September, 2021, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 September, 2021, 08:19:52 AM
ISTR Alan saying that he was paid a decent (for back then) amount of money for an uncredited re-write of Harry 20, too.

...Too slow for an edit!

Which makes me wonder if Alan (or someone else) also had a big hand in Fiends of the Eastern Front — arguably GFD's best series, certainly in terms of consistency of tone and absence of 'out there' elements tossed into the mix (eg: Disco Rogue from Fort Neuro).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Although this does mean we missed out on Disco Fiends. Tsk.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 September, 2021, 08:30:17 AM
Fiends of the Eastern Front — arguably GFD's best series, certainly in terms of consistency of tone and absence of 'out there' elements tossed into the mix (eg: Disco Rogue from Fort Neuro).

Even then, there's still a few! Hans Schmitt's drawing of the 10 silhouettes in the basement before he dies is nonsensical, in best GFD fashion.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 September, 2021, 10:55:32 AM
Although this does mean we missed out on Disco Fiends. Tsk.

I mean, we're often getting Fiends stories from different time periods in the Hallowe'en specials.  All you have to do is wish hard enough...

IndigoPrime

INT: Bee Gees mansion. The three brothers are rehearsing, but there's a black shadow on the wall.

Barry Gibb: "Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive!"
Constanta: "You won't be staying alive, high-pitched human! For you will now be part of my undead army of disco!"
Barry Gibb: "Tragedy!"
Maurice Gibb: "Run to me!"

*THE LIGHTS GO OUT*

Robin Gibb: "I can't see nobody!"
Constanta: "Now you're going to get some NIGHT FEVER!"

*SFX: MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH*

This stuff writes itself!

Colin YNWA

That's some funny Words IndigoPrime. Not just Jive Talkin'...

I'll leave the rest to others...

M.I.K.

The ghost of Kenny Everett called. He wants his 40 year old sketch back.

Funt Solo

I'm pretty sure that the Everett Bee Gees sketch is responsible for Clive Anderson thinking it was okay to treat them like a laughing stock to their faces. Clive's face is something of a picture as they walk out.

---

Editing someone's text doesn't make you a co-author, methinks. I suppose it depends how much editing is required?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Leigh S

I really struggle with "Estates" - their kids didnt make it, why should they benefit from it any more than the company who invested in publishing it in the first place?

That said, I'm not a fan of inheritance as a concept in general, so might not be the one to comment on this one!

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Funt Solo on 23 September, 2021, 06:55:49 PM
Editing someone's text doesn't make you a co-author, methinks. I suppose it depends how much editing is required?

I depends upon how extensive the rewrite is. Margaret Wander Bonano had requested her name be removed from the Star Trek novel Probe as it had been rewritten by her editor to bring it in line with new conditions in the publisher's contract with Paramount that only 7% of her original manuscript remained, but it was two late as they had already printed the dust jackets.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"