Main Menu

Left 4 Dead Demo on Steam

Started by Goaty, 14 November, 2008, 02:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

Just had my first play through of No Mercy, and I must say that nothing in the world beats the feeling of fighting your way all the way up to the roof with three like-minded colleagues only to be thrown off the place by a Tank at the last minute. Helluva game.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Keef Monkey

Yeah its weird that some of the greatest moments happen when everything goes wrong. Makes the failed plans just as fun as the successful ones!

the shutdown man

I keep hearing how great this is, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't try the demo. I may make this my Christmas present to myself.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

I was thinking of purchasing 'Hinterland' but the Steam Account registraion keeps telling me my registration has failed and to come back later.

Three times now in the last hour.

the shutdown man

I picked this up today, and it is indeed kickass. The sheer panic level when a huge crowd of zombies is bearing down on you is terrifying. So far I've had one great moment where the four of us were on top of a scaffolding fighting off the horde, and a smoker dragged me off from another building. My team was too busy to notice, so I died. C'est la vie....

I've also found it's a lot of fun to play as the Infected in multiplayer. Smokers are fun, as you walk around making that horrible coughing noise all the time. Team work also works well for them, as I found out to my cost (again); I got grabbed by a smoker, then a boomer puked on me, thus calling every zombie within range over to claw me to bits. But I learned that trick and used it next time I was playing as a boomer and it's a good'un.

SamuelAWilkinson

Probably a good time to revive the Necronauts after we kicked all that arse in Urban Dead, all those many years ago.

If anyone wishes to add me to their Steam friends list, it's fegbarr(DELETE THIS BIT IN THESE HERE BRACKETS, IT'S TO CUNNINGLY CONFUSE SPAMBOTS)@gmail.com. Then we'll spend many happy hours together, shooting stuff and that.

ThryllSeekyr

I tried registering with STEAm early yesterday and Once I logged in.  I purchased 'Hinterland' for about thirty one of my Australian dollars.

When it asked me to login again to download the game I just purchased.

The login failed telling me Imy STEAM account either doesn't exist or my password was wrong and since then I have not been able to login on that account.

Neither will it let me successfully change my password.

Do you think my account was hi-jacked?

Right, now I am trying to get a refund on that game.

If I can, I will re-register.

How common is thsi with Steam Accounts?

the shutdown man

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"If anyone wishes to add me to their Steam friends list, it's fegbarr(DELETE THIS BIT IN THESE HERE BRACKETS, IT'S TO CUNNINGLY CONFUSE SPAMBOTS)@gmail.com. Then we'll spend many happy hours together, shooting stuff and that.

It's a date. I bagsy not being the girl.....

I think you're already on my list. I've got a fegbarr anyway, so I'll assume it's you :). I think I should be showing up as the amazing screw-on head.

SamuelAWilkinson

Ah, I thought that was someone off the board, but couldn't remember who.

the shutdown man

Is there a way to choose what kind of zombie you spawn as when you're playing in versus mode? It seems random at first, but sometimes when I'm playing it I seem to get stuck spawning as hunters again and again.

ThryllSeekyr

Finally STEAM have fixed up my registration.

I 'm downloading that game now.

I will be looking for the left for Dead Demo .

the shutdown man

This game has reminded me how much I hate people who use the word "noob". Or "n00b",  or any variation thereof.

"OMG fucking n00b teem!!!1"

What are you 12? Go outside and get some fresh air you little prick.

JUDGE TOM