Main Menu

Photoshop Help - How do I do this?

Started by Pete Wells, 22 September, 2009, 12:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Looking at this Clickwheel ad and ignoring Nemesis, how do you do that two colour start-in-the-middle-get-bigger-as-you-come-out effect thingy, (to give it its technical term?) I see it all the time so reckon it must be fairly easy, would somebody please put me out of my misery before I pop?!?

uncle fester

You could do that in any number of ways, looking at it. Easiest would be with a small brush tool (anything other than airbrush, that is), using single point perspective. One click in the centre, hold the Shift Key down and click at the edge of the page for a solid line, then repeat till you've a full circle of them, then Magic tool, select every other area between lines and fill accordingly. Then you're free to play, adjusting transparency as you wish.

Alternatively if you have Illustrator, you could just make one yellow streched triangle shape and duplicate it however many times, rotating and placing as you go. Then dump the image back into Photoshop to add texture. PS can do that without Illustrator's help (using the Line and Shape tools, etc) but it's less editable, once done.

That would give you the basic shape. There are a couple of layers over the top of it by the look of it, adding depth and transparency.

Any help?

Rex Banner

Emperor

It also looks there has been a touch of the clouds filter (or some kind of custom brush) used to give some texture.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Tiptonman

It's achieved very easily. Outline a star with flared ends (bleeding off the page) using the Path tool, fill it in yellow. Delete the path. Fill the surrounding area in orange. Paste whatever pattern you fancy on top (select blending mode of choice) and reduce opacity to suit.