Main Menu

Brian Bolland Apex Edition

Started by Tjm86, 08 March, 2021, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

Does anyone know if the Standard Edition without print will be available for regular sale through the shop come release day or was it only via pre-orders?

I wasn't convinced by the expense of the Limited version but forgot to order the Standard one and it now looks like it isn't available through the shop any more.

I may get pretty miffed if I miss this one.

Max Headroom

Forbidden Planet has the Apex edition available for pre-order at £65 due for release on 16th February 2022.

Lorenzo

Yeah thanks, I've managed to get one reserved in Berlin which should work out cheaper for me than FP in the UK. I was hoping I could support Rebellion by ordering direct but I guess I missed that chance.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I seem to be talking to myself in this thread but anyway here's some more bad news:
The world wide paper shortage has hit production of this book and it now wont be released until April. Probably. If we're lucky. Bugger.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/brian-bolland-apex-delayed-by-worldwide-paper-shortage/

broodblik

Things like that will push more people to go digital but this one I believe must be enjoyed in a format that you can actually touch it. But then again lets save the rain forest and go full digitally people :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Noooo, please no more delays as i want it before Lawless 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

judgeurko

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 25 January, 2022, 12:20:50 PM
Noooo, please no more delays as i want it before Lawless 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
Blame the brexit

davidbishop

Lorenzo

That really is an excellent article. I had wondered how many collectors had been contacted and how the scans were arranged. Monumental bit of planning to get as much of his work together - makes me pine for my copy!
I just hope the world doesn't end before it gets released, seems ever so slightly unimportant in light of today's news.

CalHab

Great article. I really enjoyed David Roach's Masters of British Comic Art and am now slightly regretting not signing up for the Bolland book.

Still, two volumes of McMahon should make a sizable dent in my wallet when they're available.

matty_ae

The Bolland book is still available through the Book Palace https://bookpalace.com/

Dash Decent

Quote from: davidbishop on 23 February, 2022, 09:28:22 PM
Great piece by David Roach on assembling the Bolland Apex Edition:
https://www.tcj.com/creating-the-brian-bolland-apex-edition-a-how-to-guide-for-the-rash-and-enthusiastic/

that's a great article.  It made me interested in getting a copy, but it doesn't seem to be available on the webshop anymore.  Ah well, you snooze you lose.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

Well only half way through the Book and it's a thing of beauty. I was in two minds when I saw the initial size after taking it out the package but when you start going through the pages it definitely the size it needs to be.

I was wavering for the McMahon Apex but I will now splash out - will they be doing anybody else?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Timothy

It has landed. With a loud thud.