Main Menu

Brian Bolland Apex Edition

Started by Tjm86, 08 March, 2021, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CalHab on 24 February, 2022, 11:07:06 AM
Still, two volumes of McMahon

I missed that. Two volumes? Outside of Dredd, I'd been quietly hoping for as much Slaine as Rebelion can lay their hands on, and I'd take some pages from his Ro-Busters/ABC Warriors work into the bargain...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Timothy

I think that's the idea. The one already announced is Dredd, but there is a plan for another volume with non-Dredd stuff.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Timothy on 04 May, 2022, 08:13:38 PM
I think that's the idea. The one already announced is Dredd, but there is a plan for another volume with non-Dredd stuff.

Dammit. Like my bookshelves aren't creaking enough already.

Magnetica

I'm in two minds about the McMahon one. (I've got both the Zenith and Bolland ones). But I would buy a Fabry Slaine one.

Trooper McFad

I'd love a Cam Kennedy one but as said above my small amount of book case space is an issue so where to store these is my biggest problem
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 May, 2022, 09:25:24 PM
I'd love a Cam Kennedy one but as said above my small amount of book case space is an issue so where to store these is my biggest problem

Yeah that would be amazing.

Link Prime

Whats the verdict on the Bollo book? Worth the price tag?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 May, 2022, 10:22:39 AM
Whats the verdict on the Bollo book? Worth the price tag?

For those that are into original pages and wish they had the space and cash to spend on an artist original page then yes if you can afford it it's worth it. The full scans are fantastic.

The down side due to its size is where to keep it safe but that's a problem I'm willing to deal with that for having these pages (copies) in my hand.

IndigoPrime

Just how big is it, like compared to a trade or a Marvel OSHC, or something like a Hellboy Library Edition?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 May, 2022, 01:02:41 PM
Just how big is it, like compared to a trade or a Marvel OSHC, or something like a Hellboy Library Edition?

Aren't the scans supposed to be actual size representations of the originals? Most artists used to draw 'half-up'  which, with page size of the prog from this era, didn't leave a lot of change out of a sheet of A3. There was some whitespace that could (I imagine) be left out of the book (or may even have been trimmed off the originals as part of the production camera-ing process) but you'd still be looking at the best part of A3.

Trooper McFad

I don't know how big those books are but here's the dimensions for the Apex 475 X 365 X 20 (that's in mm)

Magnetica

The one minor disappointment is which pages are missing.

Yes we knew a number of the originals have gone off into the sunset, never to be seen again, so knew this wouldn't  be complete. But there are three pages in particular I was hoping would be in there but aren't:

The scene with robots sitting around discussing the mayoral election on Father Earth - just because is is so poorly reproduced in the cases files and the IDW Bolland Dredd art book

The centre spread of the four Dark Judges. Just because it's so iconic.

"I'm with Rowdy Yates Block! Who are you fighting with?". As above, because it's so iconic.

Molch-R

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 May, 2022, 01:02:41 PM

To give you an idea of scale...

IndigoPrime

broodblik

No need to go to the gym anymore just lift your apex edition up a few times
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.