Main Menu

2000AD FORUM SKETCH COMP #3: RESULTS THREAD

Started by Jim_Campbell, 02 May, 2021, 09:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Sorry for the delay getting these votes tallied and the results posted... it's been quite a week.

Annnnyway, finally it's time to announce the winners of the thoroughly thrill-charged third Unofficial Sketch Competition!

In THIRD PLACE, it's...

Colin YNWA #4

In SECOND PLACE, we have...

Dark Jimbo

And, by a whisker, the WINNER is...

Tomwe #2

Congratulations to all our worthy winners, to everyone who contributed so many fantastic entries, and to all of you who took the time to grapple with the impossible task of picking their favourites and casting their votes.

Take a bow, Tomwe, and bask in the radiant glory of your well-deserved win. I'll pop you a PM shortly so we can get your prizes sent to you, and I'd ask you to pop your thinking cap on and consider a theme for competition #4, which will be along in the next few days...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

pictsy

Congratulations Tomwe.  I look forward to see your choice for the next theme.  Great comp, everyone :D

Colin YNWA

Well I utterly flattered to have placed with so many astonishing entries.

A massive well done to Tomwe though such a deserved winner.

Hope we can all keep this up as this time was a bit special with so many astonishing entries.

Thanks again to Jim for kicking the Art Comp back to life on the forum.

Dark Jimbo

Gosh, that's humbling. When I set the theme I had no intention of entering myself (purely because I'd won last time out); but after a week of fantastic entries flooding in, I thought I'd be 'safe' if I had a go. I genuinely didn't expect to place anywhere against such a bunch of talent.

Tomwe is very much a worthy winner. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next time.

No idea why Grobbendonk's coming up so flippin' big though!  :o
@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

Very well done all three. Best comp yet. All praise Jim for organising it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 May, 2021, 12:43:49 PM
Very well done all three. Best comp yet. All praise Jim for organising it.

Wot he said.  Worthy winners all, and hats off to Jim.  Looking forward to the next one.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Woolly

Extra oil rations all round! Roll on the next one

Trooper McFad

Well done to the winners and all who took part.

Also a huge thanks to Jim for organising this fantastic comp roll on the next one 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Bolt-01

YAAY for Tomwe!

That was my personal fave.

Dog Deever

Well done to the winners, kudos to Jim for running it and props to all who voted.
Roll on the next one.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Rogue Judge

Awesome contest, congrats Tomwe! Looking forward to the next one.

Tomwe

Oh wow! Thank you to everyone who voting for my drawing! I've had my vaccine jab today so am feeling a little sore- this is proper tonic!
I remember when I drew this I felt really in the flow. Well done to Colin & Jimbo as well for worthy entries.
I'd forgotten there was a prize! Wow, exciting times. I will think on the next subject! I May have an idea already.

Pete Wells

Well done everyone, that was a hoot!

Excited for the next one!

DrJomster

The standard's a bit high on this! Well done to the winners!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.