Main Menu

Exposition Death Screams

Started by Barrington Boots, 19 April, 2024, 03:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Best thing shouted whilst being killed in this weeks Battle Action Force from 1986 that I read on my lunchbreak.

You don't really get these exposition death screams in the Prog anymore. Stuff like "The teeth - biting me in two! Aaargh!". Part of me misses how clunky and terrible they are. What's the best / worst you can remember?
The Men in Black - Naaaaaahhh! is ridiculous on many levels.
This frame also has a classic AIEEEEEEE

(Best death in the comic that week is Parsons in HMS Nightshade. It's a classic.)

You're a dark horse, Boots.

GoGilesGo

The original run of Fiends of the Eastern Front, which was otherwise tremendous, has a few of these very clunky Show AND Tell moments. This is one of the worst

Funt Solo

A retro-AIIIEEEEE! from Sinister Dexter in "The Gangbusters":

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

I do remember "Aiieee! Spider!" from the early Judge Dredd story You Bet Your Life.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Legendary Shark

The most recent one I saw was in the t.v. series, Rome, I forget the episode. Some stuffy Roman numpty, in the act of being run through with a sword says, in a mildly put-out tone, "Sir - I really must protest..." and then dies. Made me groan and laugh at the same time (graugh?). It's not really expositional, though (except in demonstrating the upper-class Roman faith in law and decorum, perhaps), so probably doesn't count here.

Luckily, there's always the old standby, "No! No! Not the teeth!" Or whatever it was.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 19 April, 2024, 03:05:07 PMBest thing shouted whilst being killed in this weeks Battle Action Force from 1986 that I read on my lunchbreak.

You don't really get these exposition death screams in the Prog anymore. Stuff like "The teeth - biting me in two! Aaargh!". Part of me misses how clunky and terrible they are. What's the best / worst you can remember?
The Men in Black - Naaaaaahhh! is ridiculous on many levels.
This frame also has a classic AIEEEEEEE

(Best death in the comic that week is Parsons in HMS Nightshade. It's a classic.)

I'm sure there's some in Flesh, along the lines of 'it's... eating me alive', although I can't remember exactly

Doomlord66

Cover to prog 2 had 'aieeeeee its the thing from the hell planet'