Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Maelstrom vs Black Shuck (reboot) Rd 1 Heat 77

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 January, 2022, 06:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We're smashing into the New Year wrapping up Round 1 over the next couple of weeks and then hopefully all prep will be done and we'll go straight into Round 2 with any luck. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. And first let's look at the... interesting ... match-ups week 10 has to offer

Maelstrom has Colin MacNeil, Black Shuck has Steve Yeowell, will this one come down to whose glorious art you prefer? Or did you delight in the stories?

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Maelstrom - more info

Vs.

Black Shuck - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 8th January and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

Magnetica

abelardsnazz

AlexF

Look, Black Shuck is good and all, but I did not find Steve 'clean' Yeowell to be the best fit for this Medieval tale of dirt, blood and body-morphing horror. Sorry. Even the story was too much politics, not enough horror for my taste.
Maelstrom is one of the most difficult stories to make sense of, but if you put the effort in there's lots of weird ideas, and boy does Colin McNeil know how to draw moody space mercs and mutating madness.

Maelstrom.

Link Prime

Barrington Boots

Black Shuck was pants. An interesting potential setting and tale presented as uninterestingly as possible. Plus as mentioned upthread, Steve Yeowell wasn't the best choice for the art for me either.
Maelstrom isn't perfect but way better than the alternative.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

Black Shuck wasn't perfect, and the second series didn't light my fire - but that first series came out of the gate fighting with lots of Norse mythos battling for attention. Maelstrom was all a bit "the greedy Trade Federation has stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo".
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Maelstrom is rallying here after a very strong start for Black Shuck can that continue on this final day of the vote? I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

Colin YNWA

Whoops I miss called this one yesterday - its not due to close until tomorrow (Saturday) so can we pretend that early call was done this morning... look just VOTE!!!

rogue69