Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Alienist vs. Skip Tracer Round 2 Heat 126

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 May, 2022, 06:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I am enjoying Kingmaker as well - although sometimes the larger combat scenes go a bit Mark Harrison with all the glowing helmets. (Caveat: I enjoy the work of Leigh Gallagher and Mark Harrison, but sometimes things get a bit confusing. On the other hand, it's very dynamic work.)  I imagine if the concept (LOTR meets space opera) didn't float your boat, it would be a difficult thrill to love. I've never been able to even slightly smirk at Space Balls (while being a big fan of, say, Blazing Saddles).

Anyway, this one's an easy win for The Alienist - even if it's just for that melty-head seance scene. We need the next installment of this one, Tharg. (The fact that ST is still in the running produced the same "huh?" feelings I get every time another series appears in the prog. At some point, flogging a dead horse crosses over from pointless to revolting to surely there's a law against this?)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Southstreeter

Skip Tracer. I'm not that bothered about either but seeing Skippy advance through the contest via some jammy draws against lower league opposition might be fun.

Proudhuff

Quote from: AlexF on 04 May, 2022, 01:40:23 PM
Wow, that's a damning assessment there! But it's kind of how I feel about Kingmaker, which is evidently popular enough to get the full trade collection treatment.

agreed.
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Skip Tracer has it support, but not surprisingly Alienist is dominating here give Skips rep. The result will be in the morning so you can still vote today.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

That The Alienist didn't haveit all its own way in this one, against possible the most derided thrill in modern memory is a worrying sign for how well it will do going forward. That said it did get a confident win so who know.... well we will soon enough. For now

The Alienist

'mans up' to make it into Round 3.