Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Oh Paddy,  I feel for you. What a mess.

Cyberleader2000

I've spent the last few days recovering from the flor in the loft giving out from under me. luckley I did not have a strait drop the bed blow broke my fall just a shame there was a box of transformers ontop of it good news befor I hit them the decent was slowed by the ariel cables bad news they were wraped around my left leg round my knee till they snaped and I droped now my leg hurts to walk on.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

M.I.K.

So... About a week before Christmas, I was ill and brought up a load of yellow bile. Then it happened twice more, so I made an appointment at the doctors, who said they couldn't see me until January. In the early hours of the morning of the 23rd it got so bad, burning my throat, that I phoned the doctor and they agreed to see me that day. They took blood tests and a stool sample, put me on Omeprazole and told me to prop up my head with pillows and only eat bland foods.

I've had copious amounts of bright yellow bile rise into my throat pretty much every morning since then, I keep getting very hoarse and I feel extremely fatigued. The blood and stool results apparently tested negative for everything they checked for but this has not exactly set my mind at rest because I still don't know what's causing the problem.

They've told me to keep taking the Omeprazole until the end of the month, and if I'm not any better they'll look at sorting me out with an endoscopy, (though God knows when it'll actually happen, given the current situation).

Clearly I have bile reflux, but have no idea why. My Christmas and New Year were ruined, I've not been able to eat anything I wanted to, I look and feel like crap and my mental wellbeing has taken a bit of a hit as well.

The Legendary Shark

Hope you get better soon, M.I.K.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Andrew_J

That sounds awful, M.I.K.
Hope you get sorted out soon.

JayzusB.Christ

That's rough, MIK.  Hope you get sorted ASAP.

Paddy, I'm just catching up on your misfortunes - I really hope things have picked up a bit.  I hate noisy neighbours.  I really, really hate them.  Situations like this drain all the good out of life - I have experience, believe me.  My brother in Leicester had a similar situation with emo-type students next door - he and his partner eventually got them evicted, after months of repeatedly trying to appeal to the better natures the students clearly did not have.  I hope you get a result like my brother's.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Ah no MIK, that sounds fecking horrible. Hope you get sorted as soon as possible.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

That sounds bloody horrible MIK. I wish we were in a position where you could just phone the doctor and be secure that everything would whip onwards like it used to in the days before... all this. Just keep on at them, and look after yerself.

SBT

paddykafka

Wishing you all the best MIK and hope that you'll be okay and recover soon.

Jayzus, many thanks for your kind words and thoughts. They are much appreciated. The good news is, that after over four months of misery inflicted by the scumbag neighbour and that foul excuse for a partner of his, that the situation improved somewhat.

(Though not in time enough to prevent me having a nervous breakdown and taking an overdose of pills washed down with wine, so that I ended up in hospital for the best part of three days.)

As luck would have it, the Creature apparently broke a bone in her neck somehow - whether it was due  to her own alcoholic stupidity or at the hands of someone else that she had pissed off, I neither know nor care - which seems to have put a stop to her gallop. In any event and for whatever reasons, she rarely shows her horrible head around here anymore.

Speaking of which, I happened to catch sight of her recently in town and she had a ghastly looking neck brace strapped to her noggin. Personally, I think that a bolt out each side of her neck, a la Frankenstein, would have been far more appropriate. It would have been nice if - for added comic effect - she had also ended up in one of those plastic head cones, like what is put on cats and dogs after an operation to stop them biting at the stitches. But hey, you take what pleasures you can get in this life.

Because of the ban on evictions due to the Covid virus, her worthless boyfriend still remains a resident in this kip of a house. We see each other in passing now and again, and not once has he shown the slightest ounce of remorse or regret for what he has done. The deluded fucker actually has the nerve to act like he is the one who has been wronged and so, hate-filled, silent glares are the order of the day between us. I would give anything to be out of this dump. But the way the property market is here, there's not a chance in Hell of finding anything affordable for one person to rent. And as a single, middle-aged, childless male, I  am right at the bottom of the pecking order as far as getting council accommodation is concerned.

But things are what they are and there is sod all that I can do at this stage. All this aside, A Happy New Year to you, Jayzus - and indeed all on this forum - and I hope that you and your's are all keeping well.

Cheers and all the best! - Paddy

von Boom

Sounds fecking horrible, MIK. Hope you feel better soon. My wife had gall bladder trouble and the doctors had her drinking camomile tea to help. Tastes like cat piss but it may help and it can't hurt.

M.I.K.

Thanks, everybody. Appreciate it.

Quote from: von Boom on 01 January, 2021, 09:40:18 PMMy wife had gall bladder trouble and the doctors had her drinking camomile tea to help.

Currently doing just that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 01 January, 2021, 09:27:46 PM
Wishing you all the best MIK and hope that you'll be okay and recover soon.

Jayzus, many thanks for your kind words and thoughts. They are much appreciated. The good news is, that after over four months of misery inflicted by the scumbag neighbour and that foul excuse for a partner of his, that the situation improved somewhat.

(Though not in time enough to prevent me having a nervous breakdown and taking an overdose of pills washed down with wine, so that I ended up in hospital for the best part of three days.)

Aw, man, that's really shite.  Totally understandable, though, that you'd be driven to that.  Glad you've had some kind of respite - hope things get better anyway.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

So, there was this protest outside a local school building today - a smattering of local parents holding up signs saying "send our kids back to school, already". Now, I assume they're also Covid deniers, but then none of their signs said that - and I have a lot of sympathy for people who want their children to get a good education, and are struggling through lock-down.

But there I am, walking my new dog, and with mini-Solo(8) in tow, and my new dog is a little barky at strangers because he's got a Napoleon complex, and we need to cross this busy road junction where sometimes people tear round the corner and take out unwary pedestrians - and one of these protesters is standing on the sidewalk blocking the crosswalk.

So, I'm holding the dog (because that helps him be calm with strangers), watching the mini-Solo, so she doesn't wander into traffic, and indicating to this MAN that I'm going to need to cross, and he just shrugs at me. So I say "Oh, sorry - I'm going to cross here", and he just stares at me, so I say "could you stand back a bit", so he stands in front of the cross-walk controls and I say "could you step back just a bit" and he says "you've got plenty of room" (even though he's not making any attempt to maintain social distance, or even just decent human being distance).

At this point, I am tempted to throw the dog in his face, but instead I say "well, could you please press the button?", so he presses the wrong one, and mini-Solo points that out, but then he says he can't understand her because of her mask, and and and...

The question I have is - at what stage is it perfectly reasonable to throw a stranger under a bus for being a total [Coatlicue]*?

*Admin. notice: your expletive has been replaced with a random deity.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Just start coughing uncontrollably..see if that moves him off a bit!

von Boom

Fecking shite example of a (supposed) human being. You need to train your new dog to piss on command, Funt. A leg full of dog urine would have shifted him.