Main Menu

Can you help track down two missing episodes for the next Daily Dredds?

Started by Molch-R, 10 May, 2016, 09:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Last year, thanks to our dedicated fans, missing episodes of the long-running Judge Dredd stories from The Daily Star newspaper were unearthed so that they could be included in The Daily Dredds Volume 1, making it the first ever truly complete collection of these fascinating and entertaining strips.

2000 AD's reprographics droids are now busy working on a second volume of The Daily Dredds - and they once again need the help of fans to track down two missing episodes from a later story.

The Sheriff of Festering Hole ran for 57 episodes (numbered from #1373 to #1429) in the Daily Star from 30th July 1990 to 3rd October 1990, written by John Wagner and Alan Grant, with art by Mike Collins.

However, so far they have been unable to find good copies of the episodes numbered #1415 and #1416.

Any Earthlets who have access to either scans or good/excellent physical copies of these two missing episodes should contact 2000 AD by e-mailing press@rebellion.co.uk

The Daily Star strip, which ran for around 2,980 episodes from 1981 until 1998, went further than merely compressing existing stories from the weekly anthology comic - it was responsible for fleshing out many of the aspects of Dredd's world mentioned in 2000 AD.  It was written by co-creator John Wagner and writing partner Alan Grant, while fan favourite artist Ron Smith produced the vast bulk of the strip, though later contributors included Ian Gibson, Barry Kitson, Steve Dillon, and Mike Collins.

http://www.2000adonline.com/post/390

Buttonman

Don't have them but excited for this! Never read Festering Hole or any of the strips not reprinted elsewhere.

Leigh S

How good do you need them?  I have originals cut out somewhere that I can scan, and I also have a copy from the friendly folk of these here parts.... hang on a mo, they are on a disc somewhere...

M.I.K.

Wasn't that story reprinted in the Megazine some years back? I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

maryanddavid

I'm pretty sure I have them somewhere too, It will be tomorrow night before I can have a look. If no one comes up with them before then Ill get on the case!

Leigh S

These scans courtesy of the good work of Orlok and/or GlassStanley from these here parts, who have both done wonders in tracking down and collating these beyond my intial feeble efforts! though I do have the originals of both of these somewhere in the loft I think, if they need higher res scanning than those fine fellows might have available (these were shrunk aa tad to fit together in paint!)

M.I.K.

Quote from: M.I.K. on 10 May, 2016, 10:37:47 PM
Wasn't that story reprinted in the Megazine some years back? I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

No I haven't. Turns out it's a totally different Daily Star strip in which Henry Ford shows up at the West Wall and asks for Dredd.

Molch-R

Thnks for the responses guys, I'll leave this in the capable hands of Robo-Keef :)

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Molch-R on 11 May, 2016, 11:23:51 AM
Thnks for the responses guys, I'll leave this in the capable hands of Robo-Keef :)

Hello all. I'm still eager to get hold of two strips fro The Sheriff of Festering Hole (1415 and 1416). If you have the originals or some hi-res scans, can you send me a pm pls. I return for your help we will credit you in the collection and send you a copy along with some other nice 2000 AD-related stuff.

K

Large48

Keef, I'll email you direct about this but it seems to be good news......... ;)
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Max Headroom

Does anyone know if these two missing episodes have been secured for the collection yet??

gronk guy

I sent in some scans. I don't know if they were good enough though.

Max Headroom

Both Amazon and Forbidden Planet have the second volume of 'The Daily Dredds' coming in at 96 pages. Doesn't this seem a little short considering volume 1 was 320 pages??

The Enigmatic Dr X

Y'know, for reasons I cannot explain, I thought that Volume 1 wasn't published yet. I've just bought it from Amazon (it wasn't for sale on the shop here).
Lock up your spoons!

Leigh S

It has been confirmed in antoehr thread that this is erroneous... possibly the "coming soon" thread  - if you look at the time period covered, it will have to be about the same size if not bigger than Vol 1