Main Menu

Sin City Trailer

Started by LARF, 21 March, 2005, 09:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Art - are you in the States?

Yup.

Buddy

Any chance of pickin up some memorabillia from the cinema for this film?? (sometimes you get givaways like mini posters and whatever).

I'm a mad Frank Miller fan and love Sin City, your actions would be repayed with great kindness (probably beer at next DreddCon).

Art

It's reviewing well - 92% on Rotten Tomatoes at the moment.

Apparently it's "Film noir on steroids; a movie so cool you?re not supposed to be concerned about its total lack of moral grounding. Nor its profound sexism. Nor its misanthropic nihilism." - So I'm definately up for it.

Link: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sin_city/" target="_blank">http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sin_city/

Buddy

Anyone looking for moral grounding in Sin Coty is lookin in the wrong place.

Film Noir on steroids - sound good to me.

Jared Katooie

"Film Noir on steroids"

I'd feel more comfortable if they were comparing it to film noir on acid but I'm still pretty optimistic.

Lord Running Clam

I think Sin City comes out on the 28th of April in the uk.

Quirkafleeg

It's film noir... on drugs!

Art

"...absence of any content deeper than the pulpiest pulp..."

Man, this is going to ROCK!

Art

Pretty good peice on Rodriguez and Sin City in WIRED...

Link: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.04/sincity.html?tw=wn_tophead_7" target="_blank">The Man Who Shot Sin City

Tiplodocus

Nice little article that.

I just reread SIN CITY, A DAME TO KILL FOR and a short collection of stories THE BABE WORE RED so I am quite looking forward to this.

I'm imagining that it will be pretty much PULP FICTION style (natch) with several different stories weaving together.  I actuallynoticed some of this (done none too subtly) in A DAME TO KILL FOR.

Some of the dialogue Miller writes is unbelievably pulpy - sometimes it rolls over into parody but when he gets it just right - it's poetry.  

I do feel a bit concerned, like Si, about how it will sound on film though - I often ended up saying each line to myself several times until I get a delivery that doesn't sound crap (TO ME) but obviously it's different strokes.

And hey, the ODEON gave me a two tickets for the price of one voucher in April so I can even take the wife along (lord knows what she'll make of it though...)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Quirkafleeg

There's a telly review in last week's Guardian of Spy Kids 3 that reckons he only did it so who could get to play with all the cool tech for free that's he's now using in Sin City... I'm now actually getting excited by this despite always being let down by Rodriguez films in the past (always good... but not as amazingly good as their reputation)

Dudley

Sin City opens with a swoony love scene culminating in a murder for the heck of it. From there it moves smartly to the promise of child molestation and, with the culprit having had both his face and his balls shot off by Bruce Willis, steams merrily along toward cannibalism, electrocution and the mounting of severed female heads on walls. Had enough? If not, then you are in all likelihood an adult male aging ungracefully, or a pimply youth with a pimply youth?s fondness for comic books about hell on Earth. If you?re a woman of any age who gets off on this stuff, even with its feeble stabs at feminist role reversals, I throw up my hands.

Art

...an adult male aging ungracefully...

SCORE!

Buddy

Art, you must have seen it by now, report, man, report!!!

Buddy

Art - Sin City - report please.