Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 23 August, 2010, 08:56:41 PM
Has anyone read The Slap?

Ms HOO-HAA's reading it as we speak. She says it's pretty good.

kossori

Well... I'm currently reading 2000 AD and the Megazine... and...

Monthly comics: The Legion of Super-Heroes, Adventure Comics and Doom Patrol.
Just started ordering Doom Patrol and I haven't read it yet. My first issue should arrive sometime next week.

I just finished reading the 2006 edition of Best American Comics. It's mostly indie/small press stuff.

Started again last night reading the Swamp Thing trades. I intend to finish my collection on it as I have the first three volumes and I stopped. So I'm going to re-read the ones I have and try to complete Moore's run.
"I am not a number... I am a free man!"

Republic of Replicants

strontium_dog_90

Just finished the new Mark Billingham book - bit of a departure, good old Inspector Thorne treading some new ground. Well worth a read for fans :-)

SmallBlueThing

Just finished 'Stronghold'- which was yet another in the increasingly strong 'Tomes of the Dead' series. If people have any interest in zombie novels, they really should pick these up, as I'd be hard pressed to name one that hasn't been worth the cover price.

Tonight I will be finishing off 'Slaine: Demon Killer', in preparation for the hopeful delivery tomorrow of 'Flu' by somebody or other...

SBT

HdE

I'm slowly working my way through a bumper edition of collected Dark Horse Boba Fett comics.

There's some very Twothy talents on display, including work by John Wagner, Cam Kennedy and Chris Blythe.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: strontium_dog_90 on 25 August, 2010, 04:58:56 PM
Just finished the new Mark Billingham book - bit of a departure, good old Inspector Thorne treading some new ground. Well worth a read for fans :-)

Spotted this in WH Smiths the other day. At the same time I saw a new Lee Weeks paperback(bit of a guilty pleasure but I do love em)and SFX has reviews for new Pratchett and Rankin books.   I reckon I'll be pretty busy for the foreseeable future.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

HOO-HAA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 August, 2010, 05:47:52 PM...in preparation for the hopeful delivery tomorrow of 'Flu' by somebody or other...

Possibly me! In a Postman Pat van! :D 

mogzilla

got harlem heroes today and "zombie brittanica"

the blurby adverts in the back of harlem also states that "coming soon" is the complete meltdown man :D

chris_askham

Just finished LOEG Black Dossier and can't help thinking that it would have been more enjoyable without so many over-long text pieces. The beatnik piece alone seemed to be one joke spread across several pages of unreadable drivel. The comics pages however, were very good.

chris_askham

Then again, maybe that's a bit harsh as most of the text bits were actually very enjoyable.

Forget I said anything...

SmallBlueThing

Dont worry chris, 'unreadable drivel' pretty much sums up what i thought about much of black dossier too. And all of century 1910, if im honest. My interest in loeg begins with series one and ends with series two, when it was still high concept clever fun, and before moore sucked all the 'fun' bit out. What i liked was THOSE particular characters, doing THOSE type of things. Im not particularly interested in wanking over how clever alan moore is.
SBT

HOO-HAA

Quote from: mogzilla on 25 August, 2010, 10:55:16 PM
...and "zombie brittanica"
:D

Ah, that's by my labelmate, Thomas Emson. He's a really nice guy - I hung out with him at the World Horror Convention. I haven't read ZB yet, mind. It's on my pile though.

zombemybabynow

This weekend i'll mostly be reading:

batman #702 for tony daniel's 'lee-esque' art

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=6057&disp=table

usagi yojimbo #131 because it's consistently brilliant.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=6168&disp=table

and savage dragon #163, terrific comic whose hero has gone evil

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=6142

I'm also gonna read defoe 1666, to get me in the mood for prog 1700
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

mogzilla

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 26 August, 2010, 09:15:27 AM
Quote from: mogzilla on 25 August, 2010, 10:55:16 PM
...and "zombie brittanica"
:D

Ah, that's by my labelmate, Thomas Emson. He's a really nice guy - I hung out with him at the World Horror Convention. I haven't read ZB yet, mind. It's on my pile though.
i hope you werent copying each other like we did at school....no actually yes i do if its as good as yours i'll be a happy zombie

also reading zombie an anthology of the undead edited by christopher golden (who did a couple of good hellboy novels) enjoying it on the whole, a couple of duds but a nice wide variety of tales

SmallBlueThing

Mogzilla: you must read zombie brittanica, it's very, very good. And then, when youve been convinced that castles are the perfect location for zombie thrills, read Stronghold, which pushes that to the nth degree.
And no, mr Hoo Haa, the postie has yet again failed to give me flu.
Syphillis, yes. But not Flu.
SBT