Main Menu

Whats everyone reading?

Started by Paul faplad Finch, 30 March, 2009, 10:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

I just picked this up, sadly they only had issues 1&4 which is a little annoying. That's what I get for picking it up late. I know he's got his knockers, but I've always enjoyed Zombie's comics. I'm still waiting on him turning The Nail into a movie. Grabbed the latest Case Files while I was at it, so gonna have me a comics afternoon I think :)

It was the very pretty girl in FP who served me though so I felt a tad ashamed of all the boobs on the cover.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 25 February, 2011, 12:11:10 PM
It was the very pretty girl in FP who served me though so I felt a tad ashamed of all the boobs on the cover.

Your local FP has topless staff?  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fredric Wertham would be spinning like an infernal rotisserie chicken if he knew.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

TordelBack

I'm still waiting on him turning The Nail into a movie.

I just read The Nail recently and somewhat accidentally, foolishly thinking it was that JLA Elseworlds story of the same name.  

It was awful. But also  brilliant. The Nail's internal monologues were the highlight, so any movie would need VO narration.

TordelBack

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 25 February, 2011, 12:28:35 PM
Fredric Wertham would be spinning like an infernal rotisserie chicken if he knew.

It's more likely he'd be fapping like an eavesdropping Godpleton.

Colin YNWA

Just finished Hoo-Haa's 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' its bloody great and I say more about it here

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/board,12.0.html

Keef Monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 February, 2011, 12:31:35 PM
I'm still waiting on him turning The Nail into a movie.

I just read The Nail recently and somewhat accidentally, foolishly thinking it was that JLA Elseworlds story of the same name.  

It was awful. But also  brilliant. The Nail's internal monologues were the highlight, so any movie would need VO narration.

Yeah, his stuff isn't exactly high art but it gives me a chuckle. After Devil's Rejects he said he'd be adapting it into a movie called Tyrannosaurus Rex, he even released a teaser poster and everything, with a truly fantastic tagline.

Thinks he's ditched it to make Lords of Salem though.

radiator

After several hints from me my girlfriend got me Scarlet Traces and ST: The Great Game for Christmas. Finished ST the other night, and I'm now half way through The Great Game.

I dimly remember ST running in the Meg, but I was drifting away from comics at the time and didn't really remember much about it over than that I quite liked it. Now I've read it properly, I've learned that it is in fact AMAZING stuff - so good that it has overtaken Leviathan as my favourite of Edginton and D'Israeli's works.

Only problem is that I'd really like a copy of their WoTW adap to complete the set, but it appears to be out of print - the only reasonably priced copy I can find is a battered ex-library one on Amazon Marketplace, which I ain't paying £15 for...

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: radiator on 25 February, 2011, 06:05:28 PM
After several hints from me my girlfriend got me Scarlet Traces and ST: The Great Game for Christmas. Finished ST the other night, and I'm now half way through The Great Game.

I bloody LOVED those books - I think twelve pounds (or so) is a small price to pay for their War of the Worlds. It's fckincredible. I had the added benefit of buying it from the Sheffield Space Centre and having the guy behind the counter regale me of a young Matt Brooker visiting...

Kerrin

Whatever happened to the mooted collection of this including all three books and lots of lovely extras? Seems to be taking it's own sweet time.

radiator

QuoteWhatever happened to the mooted collection of this including all three books and lots of lovely extras? Seems to be taking it's own sweet time.

I was waiting on this, but after five years or so I'd given up hope of it ever geting published. Dark Horse have put out all three books in lovely mini-hardback format with matching cover designs, which is the next best thing.

QuoteI bloody LOVED those books - I think twelve pounds (or so) is a small price to pay for their War of the Worlds. It's fckincredible.

Sure, but as I said the only copy I can find online in that price range is a damaged ex-library copy, which I don't want to pay over the odds for - everywhere else it's the usual demented Amazon Marketplace out of print books pricing - £40-120!

HOO-HAA

I quite enjoyed this, actually. Doesn't take itself too seriously - good, old-school horror fun. Kinda like Elvira only Rob-Zombie-style :)

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 25 February, 2011, 07:17:35 PM
...everywhere else it's the usual demented Amazon Marketplace out of print books pricing - £40-120!

Tempted to flog my copy now.  But it's one of my favourite books, so it's not going to happen.

Colin YNWA

Only problem is that I'd really like a copy of their WoTW adap to complete the set, but it appears to be out of print - the only reasonably priced copy I can find is a battered ex-library one on Amazon Marketplace, which I ain't paying £15 for...

It might be worth trying contacting Matt Brooker himself direct via his blog? When I went to a talk of his before X-Mas he had a small stash left that he was selling for £15 (with signature) don't know if he has any left but worth a try?

radiator

QuoteTempted to flog my copy now.  But it's one of my favourite books, so it's not going to happen.

I doubt anyone would actually pay that for it, though!

QuoteIt might be worth trying contacting Matt Brooker himself direct via his blog? When I went to a talk of his before X-Mas he had a small stash left that he was selling for £15 (with signature) don't know if he has any left but worth a try?

That's a good idea, thanks!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 25 February, 2011, 07:41:31 PM

I quite enjoyed this, actually. Doesn't take itself too seriously - good, old-school horror fun. Kinda like Elvira only Rob-Zombie-style :)

Did the good Baron die of exhaustion by any chance?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla