Main Menu

monkey on my back in my strange uniform?

Started by Devons Daddy, 14 March, 2003, 11:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Oliver

I've also noticed that Gibson put an eagles head at the apex of the Letratone visor at least once..http://members.tripod.com/~Magnesite/waltcab.prog33a.jpg">
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bart Oliver

Where's the Jpeg?

That wasn't supposed to happen..

Link: http://members.tripod.com/~Magnesite/waltcab.htm" target="_blank">Try this

Bart Oliver

Yep, enter the link and check the third image down the page.

'Gibson Mk1 Letratone visor with eagle head decal'

Thanks to Mark for putting that site together..

paulvonscott

Didn't an early McCarthy Dredd cover pic do something similar?  Or is my Mental card up for renewal?

Bart Oliver

Phew..
McCarthy's Dredd and various justice dept. uniforms, not to mention his visualisations of other judges from around the globe and the Judda..
thats another barrel of monkies worth its own thread.

paulvonscott

fugitive

has anyone other ideas about the addition of the chain?

I fairly sure I remember a story where Dredd used his badge as a bomb. I reckon I read it in the Law in Order reprints, so that probably puts it somwhere in the first 100 issues. Maybe the chain's connected to the pin and yanking the badge off arms it?

Oddboy

Doesn't something similar happen in Anderson PSI: Childhood's End in the Meg?

Better set your phaser to stun.

W. R. Logan

>i like the artist.but is he  depicting an alternate mega city one.?
what kind of law giver is that? MK?????

Perhaps its not a Lawgiver.

>the badge since when was it a an embroidered extra? what happened to the cheif judge he looks over weight? since when did any judge get into this condition. and when did the eagle mark appear on the back of the helmet?

This story is set before anything we?ve seen before so whos to say that at the end of 2099 when we start to see Dredd that a new uniform and gun have been brought in for the forthcoming new century.
As for Goodman he?s obviously possessed so at the end of the story we may see that effects of that would be to make him more gaunt and frail.

Like the story, like the look and cant say more than that. The best Ennis has produced for Tharg in ages.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.