Main Menu

Mutant strippers

Started by Mudcrab, 11 April, 2002, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

Anyone see the programme on Channel 4 last night about strippers? One of the women on it was a bit of a goth, who as walking along a road said she was off to a photo shoot to model for a comic artist who bases a 2000ad character on the photos.

Yep, it was indeed Durham Red. Didn't have much about Mark Harrison himself but there you go. It showed a few paintings, but not of Durham Red. Bizarre, completely unexpected TV reference!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

sigu

I didn't see the strippers programme (too depressing) but someone on alt.comics.2000ad said that woman modelled for Chris Achilleos, not Mark Harrison.
Achilleos did a Durham Red cover last year.

SiG

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=covers&page=artistimage&Image=1252&choice=chrisa&Comic=2" target="_blank">Achilleos cover

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/thumbnails/1252thumb.jpg">

sigu

sigu

Wake

There was a 100 character limit on URLs. I've just upped it to 200, which should be sufficient.

Wake

Mudcrab

Ah, I see, I forgot about him. I just assumed it was Mark Harrison. She did say a name and it wasn't Mark, so that'll be why!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

O Lucky Stevie!

>Ah, I see, I forgot about him. I just assumed it was Mark Harrison. She did say a name and it wasn't Mark, so that'll be why!

perchance you were otherwise distracted by the quality of the cinematography, doug?;)

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Mk13

>One of the women on it was a bit of a goth

That's probably cos Chris spends half his life propping up the bar at Slimelight, from where ISTR many of his more goth models have come...

Mudcrab

There was some quality camera work in the programme. Plus I'm interested in many forms of the art of dancing! :o)
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Excellent! The seedier side of the creation of 2000ad is being slowly and seductively revealed.

Actually one of the others. Maya her name was, reminded me of a certain Harmony painting!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Adrian Bamforth

Yep, Chris Achilleos.

Wish he hadn't bothered - crap cover.

ADE