Main Menu

Hostel

Started by Satanist, 31 March, 2006, 06:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

>and bear in mind that Australia is by far the most "dangerous" place for British tourists,yet nobody would ever dream of describing Oz or the US as particularly scary places. <
well the ones in my torture basement would dissagree with you there ;)

CU Radbacker

bornlucky

bornlucky

TordelBack

hi

Radbacker!  Hurry, I think your captives have got hold of an internet connection!

Quirkafleeg

Well I finally caught up with Hostel and yeah, it's bad. So bad in fact that I was laughing out loud in the final 30 mins. May be it's impact was slightly softened by reading some spoilers before hand but the basic stupidity of it was terrible.

What surprised me is that, for it's reputation, the gore was really weak - some of the effects were laughable, not out of place in some 70s rubbish and there was a real lack of decent direction to make them effectively horrible. Considering it's got a cameo by Miike, it's got nothing in Itchi, never mind Audition.

Eric Plumrose

A text from a chum:

'Just seen an uncut download of hostel part 2. sadly it's a plotless, characterless waste of 90 mins that actually undermines the first one with a twist so crap i was blown away by how dumb it was. eli roth needs help! it will likely be cut over here'.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Peter Wolf

Theres a remake now of the Hitcher.   I am not going to bother with it.    cant be bothered at all with horror anymore.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Bico

Hostel 2 features a bit with a chap having his cock and balls cut off with scissors and fed to a dog while he watches.

Mature thrills for a mature audience!  Not cheap gimmicky crap in the mould of the torture-for-entertainment vein of Saw at all.

Satanist

HOSTEL 2? FFS!

I saw another shitty horror at the weekend. I think it was called "Patient No 2" and if my drink/dope addled memory is working was about a bloke turning another bloke into a zombie so he could study the guys reactions to being shot and such.

It was shit as well. I really should stop half watching all this crap.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Peter Wolf

I thought that the first SAW film was good and a clever idea that worked but then they say "lets do a sequel ! " and it all goes wrong as it becomes a formula and always 90 minutes or under in running time.   I think working to a formula just kills horror films.       Does anyone remember The People Under The Stairs?  what a good film and funny at times.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Was that the one when the people under the stairs killed people who were not under the stairs!!!!

Byron Virgo

All I remember of that film was Everett McGill dressed up as a gimp.

Bico

And then they asked him to be in the film.

/coat

Byron Virgo

Going to the cinema just isn't the same without the bondage and flaggelation...

Quirkafleeg

Just caught up with Wolf Creek... not that's a horror film (and shows up Hostel for the piece of shit it is)