Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 April, 2014, 01:21:09 PM
Finished the main story of South Park The Stick of Truth last night. Anyone who's a fan of the series but had resevations about this based on speculation alone should drop it right now and buy it. It perfectly captures the visuel and environmental feel of the series. Oh, and it's piss your pants funny.

wanting this after I watched a walkthrough of the start can you bleep the effs and jeffs? or itll be another game I can only play when the nippers fast asleep without getting told off by the missus.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

CheechFU

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 April, 2014, 01:21:09 PM
Finished the main story of South Park The Stick of Truth last night. Anyone who's a fan of the series but had resevations about this based on speculation alone should drop it right now and buy it. It perfectly captures the visuel and environmental feel of the series. Oh, and it's piss your pants funny.

I'm still not paying 40 quid for it no matter how good it is, PC Gaming Master Race plays at a discount or not at all.

jackstarr

I've just finished playing Shelter.

I'm an emotional wreck right now.

:'(

If you haven't played it yet (if played is the correct word to use, it's more of an experience) it's on sale for £1.74 on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/244710/

It's a very short game, less than two hours long, and shorter if you don't get lost, or freak out when one of your babies dies.

When you make it to the end, make sure you watch for the post-credits sequence.  :'(

Bobblehead

I've also just played South Park: The Stick of Truth on the PS3 after I bought it off my mate for £20. I'll admit I havent watched the show itself in years so the majority of in-jokes went over my head but I still thought it was a very funny,well made game.
I thought it was clever how they made it into an RPG too with the kids playing Humans v Jew Elves that just gets out of hand.
Theres loads of little extra quests and hidden collectables to get but I should probably mention that even with all the extra stuff to do that it only took me 13hours to do everything, I imagine if you skip all the side quests then the games only got a very short life span, definatly not worth 40 quid anyway but if you can find it cheap please,please pick it up,its very very funny    :D

I managed to trade it in for £26 store credit to and got Tales of Symphonia HD collection. Its supposed to be a rejigged version of the old Gamecube classic, but if im honest I cant tell the difference. Some of the character models look better in some cut scenes but the world map travelling looks awful (or amazing retro if your fond of the old game). They could have put some voices into the skits too,it all feels very lifeless. Im enjoying the game but after ive played Graces and Xillia this just feels very archaic (is that the word?), still it brings back some fond memories of the old game and I havent even played the second game you get with it yet so ive still got that to look forward too.

Theblazeuk

FTL -> Anyone have any thoughts?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 04 April, 2014, 06:35:11 PM
FTL -> Anyone have any thoughts?

Pain. In a good way. Well worth buying
Lock up your spoons!

radiator

That's out on iPad now - I may have to give it a go!

Theblazeuk

Bought it.

So many deaths.

So many attempts.

I will conquer this game. I think I may rename the next one Justice One.

Keef Monkey

Got FTL a while back, booted it up when I was pretty groggy and halfway through the tutorial I decided I couldn't cope with it at that point! Haven't been back since, but keep meaning to. It just seems so stressful!

Speaking of stressful, just played through Hotline Miami on the Vita, loved it on PC and I liked this version even more. Great game, can't wait for the sequel.

Theblazeuk

Its not so bad, its very very simple and 70% of the time your tactics will be largely static rather than reactive.

Until your missile misses and gives them an extra shot at you. Or an asteroid blows up your weapons room. Or a boarding party teleports straight into your shield room. Or you divert power from the oxygen reserves and forget to put it back on. Or you run out of fuel two jumps from the sector exit and the rebel fleet catches up with you.

Fun. I managed to get to the last boss and owned it twice before being blown away on its last round. Since then a series of misfortunes has crippled every attempt... had a fine crew and a fine ship with a cloaking device last night, suddenly lost two crew to a boarding drone + fire. Bastards. Maybe the surviving engineer can pilot the ship to the next station...

Theblazeuk

After 100 deaths, I have conquered FTL with several ships. On Easy mode.

shaolin_monkey

Dark Souls II. I don't know why I do it to myself. It was only because my left hand involuntarily leapt out and caught it that stopped my right hand slinging the controller through the fucking telly.

Bobblehead

Also playing Dark Souls 2.

I actually complained to my mate yesterday that im finding it too easy,compared to Demon Souls and Dark Souls anyway.I mean,its not an easy game compared to most,just easier than its predecessors. The bosses all seem to be the same sort of thing - humanoid style monster with melee attacks that i can just roll back from and pewpew to death. Hopefully these are just a warm up and the big end of level bosses are Uber tough. Still,the area with the poison mists is the very infuriating and it took me 3 hours to find out how to level my guy as I couldnt find the usual person to talk too  :-[
I imagine i'll be throwing my controller about before long though too shaolin_monkey  ;)

Great game though!

shaolin_monkey

The only boss I've been able to take down is the giant wood thing at the bottom of that lift. I've found three other bosses: a floating knight with a magic attack, a knight with a huge axe, and one in a cathedral. All of them wipe the floor with me in two hits. I've given up for the moment. I may have to look at some YouTube vids and see how others have fared.

Bobblehead

Ah ok, I wasn't trying to brag about it by saying it was easy btw,maybe its because I spent so many hours on the previous two that im just so used to what to do! As a caster ive found that just rolling around and shooting soul arrows at them when theyre doing their combo melee attacks seems to work wonders. Also if your human you can summon npcs using the golden summon signs or helpful players,usually found outside boss areas. I imagine theres plenty of videos for it though, stick at it! :D
  Im finding that the game is massive, at least double the size of the last one, and its getting harder now, i was screaming at the tv last night haha.