Main Menu

Freebies and/or bargains

Started by bluemeanie, 19 April, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Dragon Age Inquisition + All DLC is £3.99 in a PS4 digital sale

Mass Effect: Andromeda is £5.99

Both are excellent RPGs and a lot of fun. Don't be put off by bad press over Andromeda. It suffered for not being a direct sequel to ME4, but it is a tops fund game with shooty guns and RPG questing. I preferred Inquisition as it has some more rounded characters to play with, mind.
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 June, 2019, 09:22:11 PM

Both are excellent RPGs and a lot of fun. Don't be put off by bad press over Andromeda. It suffered for not being a direct sequel to ME4, but it is a tops fund game with shooty guns and RPG questing. I preferred Inquisition as it has some more rounded characters to play with, mind.

Yup, I'm a big defender of Andromeda as well, big fan of both these games and as they're massive that's a lot of game for not a lot of money. Bargainous.

I, Cosh

Bah. I will never ever play this but when I checked and saw how much of a discount that is I couldn't stop myself from buying it.
We never really die.

CalHab

Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 June, 2019, 11:19:09 AM
Bah. I will never ever play this but when I checked and saw how much of a discount that is I couldn't stop myself from buying it.

It's good but, like many games, needs a significant time commitment that I struggle with.

I'm tempted to get it just to get the DLC, though. I've only got halfway through the vanilla version.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: CalHab on 21 June, 2019, 02:16:43 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 June, 2019, 11:19:09 AM

It's good but, like many games, needs a significant time commitment that I struggle with.

I'm tempted to get it just to get the DLC, though. I've only got halfway through the vanilla version.

I loved this game.
Lock up your spoons!

NapalmKev

Sniper-Elite 4 and Wipe-Out Collection are currently free for PS4. Ends at the start of September.

Also on PS4 - Spiderman is on sale for £24.99. It is very good!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 20 June, 2019, 09:10:55 AM

Yup, I'm a big defender of Andromeda as well, big fan of both these games and as they're massive that's a lot of game for not a lot of money. Bargainous.

Yeah - I didn't get the hate for Andromeda! It was a truly fun full-on 'to boldly go' type space game with superb gameplay and a great overarching narrative. A fiver is a ridiculous bargain.

Goaty

I got Steam redeem key for Mad Max. So anyone want it? and got AAA game redeem keys too?

CalHab

The Judge Dredd Cursed Earth card game is on sale at Osprey for £7.50 + postage:
https://ospreypublishing.com/judge-dredd-the-cursed-earth

The excellent Judge Dredd Helter Skelter game (also featuring Nikolai Dante, Slaine and Stronts) has 20% off:
https://ospreypublishing.com/judge-dredd-helter-skelter

M.I.K.

Headsnatchers free on Steam for a limited time.

Tomb Raider (the 2013 version) free on Steam for a limited time.

Mable & The Wood free on gog.com for a limited time.

repoman

Quote from: NapalmKev on 07 August, 2019, 10:30:14 AM
Sniper-Elite 4 and Wipe-Out Collection are currently free for PS4. Ends at the start of September.

Also on PS4 - Spiderman is on sale for £24.99. It is very good!

Cheers

I'd say that Spidey is the triple-A game of the generation.  I don't really care much about the character but it was just such a fun game and visually stunning in my opinion. 

Tomwe

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tomwe on 14 May, 2020, 09:53:10 AM
Here's a Humble Bundle style deal on a big heap of Humanoids books. The $15 tier worked out as about £13. Well worth it!

I've popped this to the Comic Bargains bit as more appropriate there.

Tomwe

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 May, 2020, 11:52:53 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 14 May, 2020, 09:53:10 AM
Here's a Humble Bundle style deal on a big heap of Humanoids books. The $15 tier worked out as about £13. Well worth it!

I've popped this to the Comic Bargains bit as more appropriate there.
thanks colin

Keef Monkey

Speaking of Humble Bundle though, they do have a bundle of PC board games currently which seems great for getting a board game fix during lockdown. There are a couple of games I've played and enjoyed in there (Mysterium and Carcassone) and at least one that I've always wanted to have a go at (Scythe).

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/asmodee-play-with-friends?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_2_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_asmodeeplaywithfriends_bundle