Main Menu

Stuff you really should love, but just don't...

Started by mygrimmbrother, 19 October, 2012, 03:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Console/ computer games. I used to enjoy Chuckie Egg and Harrier Attack on my old Amstrad CPC464 and the Frogger/Astro Wars hand held arcade jobbies not to mention table top Pac Man in the family room at pubs as a kid and I can happily watch mates play Grand Gears Halo Evil 7 as if it were some ultra violent animation but I cannot be arsed to play them myself.

radiator

Never got into online gaming, just do not find it fun at all. I play games to explore and conquer virtual environments at my own pace, not to have to deal with petulant, hyper-competitive, entitled arseholes.

I also find the majority of them tedious and repetitive in the extreme, and require a ludicrous amount of time investment to get good at them.

radiator

ET. I honesty preferred Mac and Me as a kid. Always found ET boring. I'm going to watch it again soon to see if I should re-evaluate.

Likewise Jaws. Never appealed to me.

johnnystress

I know it's not in the spirit of the thread but Jaws is one of the most perfect movies ever made!

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 20 October, 2012, 03:18:37 PM

What happened to you man, you used to be cool.  It's the Stallone/Assante avatar isn't it, slowly eating away at you, their obviously  not-cloneness gnawing on your sense of rightness until all that's left is a hatred of all that's good in this world. 

Either that or SBT has hijacked your account in an effort not to be most-wrong about films. 

Richmond Clements

ET. I honesty preferred Mac and Me as a kid. Always found ET boring. I'm going to watch it again soon to see if I should re-evaluate.

Jaws?
There's a fucking line, man, and you just crossed it..!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Episode III is on now. All three of those movies should have been narsom, but instead....

Basically any Star Wars that isn't the original three movies or the 90s Lucasarts games like X-wing and Dark Forces. I have never been able to get into the extended universe at all.
You may quote me on that.

Spikes

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 October, 2012, 03:42:34 PM
Jaws. Never appealed to me.

Jaws?
There's a fucking line, man, and you just crossed it..!

Aye, threads have been locked away, and people banished for saying less than that. Makes Roger's anus look quite pale by comparison.

Gonk

Dave, Ed and Nick...nnnnn done that on the other thread.

coming at a cinema near you soon

Charlie boy

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 October, 2012, 01:34:57 PM
Sadly, Dylan is now quite badly arthritic so playing the guitar is extremely painful while plonking a couple of chords on the old (visions of) joanna isn't.
I saw him at the NEC with my parents in 1986 and he was absolute horseshit then again at the SECC five or six years ago and he was pretty damned great, even though it was probably the same tour you mention and pretty piano-centric.
Oooh, 80s Dylan! Even the biggest fans tend to pretend that never happened from what I've noticed! Out of curiosity have you ever seen the trailer for the film he was in back in the 80s- Hearts of Fire? I caught the trailer years back on VHS but there seems to be no record of it online (which is a shame, cos I'd love to see that trailer again!)

Leigh S

Ashamed to say I have Hearts of Fire on video - whole thing, not just the trailer... My excuse is because Richie Havens is in it, and I love Richie Havens enough to forgive him anything, even his Italian 80s synth albums

Charlie boy

You have no idea how much I want to see that film from the trailer alone! At least once a year I go to IMDB to see if there is a DVD release date yet! Countless times throughout the year tho I just search for the trailer; I'm convinced Dylan has destroyed most copies of this to prevent it from being seen.

Dandontdare

saw that on TV years ago - it's a bad, bad movie. Bad. Movie. Bad.

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 October, 2012, 01:34:57 PM4 plonking a couple of chords on the old (visions of) joanna

:lol:

Charlie boy

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 October, 2012, 06:17:32 PM
saw that on TV years ago - it's a bad, bad movie. Bad. Movie. Bad.
Why has everybody got to see this gold apart from me?

Charlie boy