Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last movie watched...  (Read 1688550 times)

Richmond Clements

• Super Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.futurequake.co.uk/fq/index.html
Re: Last movie watched...
« Reply #16785 on: 22 June, 2022, 11:53:05 AM »
Everything, Everywhere All at Once. Now that is a movie. Absolutely incredible. Bursting with invention and ideas. Also very very funny, but with an actual heart to it. One thing that was annoying though. I am trying to write a novel at the moment and I had planned a scene where someone gets beat up with a dildo... they beat me to it.
In summary -watch this.

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Don't go away angry...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: 22 June, 2022, 03:45:03 PM »
I had planned a scene where someone gets beat up with a dildo... they beat me to it.

You have been watching The Boys right?

DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16787 on: 22 June, 2022, 11:07:35 PM »

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. What can I say? I'm biased. I love the MCU. Comic book stories told in motion pictures. Pure fantasy. All the thrills of comics (and then some) without all that tedious page-turning - like, who has the strength, right? The part of me that loves these films is the older version of the part of me that loved Harryhausen and Doctor Who. With that in mind, I thoroughly enjoyed this film from start to finish, all the way through to Bruce Campbell's perfect last words. Definitely one for the Multi-Play list.

~~~^~~~~~~~

Dive a little deeper - all is not as it seems. "Cyber pandemic" on the way. Devices to be "quarantined" (disconnected).

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: 24 June, 2022, 11:30:58 PM »
Yes, I enjoyed that too. I thought it sagged in the middle. Ironically at the point that caused lots of fans to cream themselves with the cameos but any film that has a fight with musical notes is fine by me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

pictsy

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
    • Pictsy on Patreon
« Reply #16789 on: 28 June, 2022, 04:02:38 PM »
Gunpowder Milkshake

It was okay.  A kind of John Wick clone, but with women.  I think it under utilised it's characters and their inter-personal conflicts in favour for what was (at best) passable action sequences - aside from Michelle Yeoh who can and does deliver the action for the little screen time she is given.  It's got the bones for a better movie, but is serviceable as it is.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: Today at 02:49:23 PM »
Another vote for TOP GUN: MAVERICK which is half sequel, half update and delivers top notch action, some feels and some punch the air moments.

Trailer for M:I 7 looked pretty good too. Crazy but in a good way.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!