Main Menu

Other 2000 AD films you'd like to see

Started by Little_Tengu, 09 February, 2013, 10:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little_Tengu

Been thinking about this since the other day when I read the Sam Slade: Robo-Hunter serial from progs 723-734. Though Dredd might have "gone out with a whimper" only to see a massive resurgence through home video sales, I think this might give opportunities to shine for others that Dredd unfortunately wasn't blessed with.

Frank

A revised and updated adaptation of the Big Dave adventures in which all the UK troops in Muslim countries we had invaded were turned gay by a massive cock-shaped raygun, where Dave fucked and massacred the Royal family, and in which he wins the World Cup for England with a zombie resurrection of former glories. Starring Stephen Graham.

Professor Bear

Sounds like you'd have to put armed guards on that production to stop Danny Dyer showing up on the set.

Tombo

Not so much a film, but I'd love to see Button Man as a TV series.  I reckon each book would translate well as three one-hour episodes, shown well after the watershed so they wouldn't need to censor the violence too much.

Danbo

Slaine(Time killer) Rogue Trooper and Shako will do fer starters.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

judda fett

Time Killer would be cool. I'd like Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, Bad Company, they'd all be great.

Frank

Quote from: Thunders McQueen on 09 February, 2013, 11:40:20 AM
Sounds like you'd have to put armed guards on that production to stop Danny Dyer showing up on the set.

Would it be possible to extend that policy to all UK film productions? It might be a good idea to hire private security to keep him away from Greggs too, by the look of this. Now the Harry Potter and Underworld series appear to be in abeyance, the malnourished recent RADA graduates and National Treasure veterans who've been slumming it in those franchises would presumably leap at the chance to get paid for a few days work portraying the many employees of Indigo Prime. Nicholas Hoult and Eddy Redmayne for Fervent and Lobe.

JOE SOAP

Nick Love will be directing Big Dave, straight-faced.

Frank

Little_Tengu

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 09 February, 2013, 02:17:40 PM

Quote from: judda fett on 09 February, 2013, 02:30:34 PM
Time Killer would be cool. I'd like Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, Bad Company, they'd all be great.

Both Rouge Trooper and Strontium Dog could be fairly interesting depending on how they're handled

mididoctors

JOE SOAP

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie on 09 February, 2013, 02:41:47 PM
It might be a good idea to hire private security to keep him away from Greggs too, by the look of this.

Drokk you for making me watch that wretched f*cking clip Sauchie!  :lol:

paddykafka

Quote from: Little_Tengu on 09 February, 2013, 04:03:09 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 09 February, 2013, 02:17:40 PM

Quote from: judda fett on 09 February, 2013, 02:30:34 PM

Both Rouge Trooper and Strontium Dog could be fairly interesting depending on how they're handled

"Rouge" Trooper?

Interesting is not the word. And I imagine he would have a fairly exotic fanbase, lol !

Danbo

Flesh could work,like a hardcore Jurassic Park.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.