Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I know. That padlock's pretty strong.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 February, 2021, 07:45:19 PM

I'd set up a date - with a real human woman - my first date in years, about three days before the first lockdown.

So that was that.

You mean the whole world's suffering because of your gypsy curse? Dammit.

The Legendary Shark

Well, the curse did need to be legendary.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I fell asleep while reading this thread last night and ended up having a dream about the Shark and his date.  I don't mean to rub it in, but she was very nice and you were great together.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 03 February, 2021, 07:50:59 AM
I don't mean to rub it in...

Aye, probably better just to put that straight in the wash.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ
link=topic=40377.msg1051960#msg1051960
date=1612338659

I fell asleep while reading this thread last
night and ended up having a dream about the
Shark and his date. I don't mean to rub it in,
but she was very nice and you were great together.

Wonderful. The only place I get to be happy is in somebody else's dream. :(

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I was still single in the dream though.  Nil-all in meatspace; one-nil to you in my head.

TB, you're a horrid man.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mardroid

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 02 February, 2021, 11:04:42 AM
I take it back. Just had to fork out for last 4 episodes.

I saw them all, and I don't think I was charged, but this was a good while back. A new thing? Very cheeky.

I did recently finish the second to last series of Fear The Walking Dead, only to see that the latest is already available! For a price. I figured if I leave it a few months they'll move that to Prime as well, but if they're now charging for episodes of other shows where they didn't originally, I wonder....

The Doctor Alt 8

I was V angry at local TESCOS two days ago . They refused to sell their own fresh bread because label printer isn't working. So instead of making tempery labels (All their bread is either of two prices dependent on size so not difficult)  The servers claimed the loafs are going to be thrown away.
Second point... The "Cheap shelf" for goods out of date was restocked. Two women nearly came to blows as one shoved the other out of the way. The staff member who was responsible for restocking these items simply stood there & let it happen. No words of disapproval, no calling out to security.

Bolt-01

The bread thing is strange, not heard of that before but seeing folk get physical over reduced price items? Yeah, that's not nice but look at it from the staff members perspective - she is most definitely not being paid enough to deal with that. If the staff member intervenes and the 'kerfuffle' escalates then the staff member will be held accountable.

The Doctor Alt 8

Hmm well the staff member was a bloke.. You do have a point except if someone got hurt in a fight they might have a problem justifying just standing there and doing nothing.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I have two questions:
Why is the gender of the staff member relevant and how do you justify standing there and doing nothing?
Unless the staff member has an SIA license, he could get in serious trouble just for putting a hand on a member of public.
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

I really have no wish to dogpile you, Doctor, but I feel I should speak here as someone who was a shelf-stacker in Tesco (a long time ago, in my student days).

Yes, the staff member probably should have called security, but you say they nearly came to blows, in which case it was an argument, not a fight.  The shelf-stacker is not paid nearly enough to get involved in a verbal argument between customers, and it's no more his responsibility to diffuse it than it is other customers'. His job is to stock shelves, and to assist customers in looking for products.  There was no minimum wage law when I was working for them, but if there had been, I don't think my earnings would have exceeded it.

As for the other point, yeah, throwing the loaves away is a stupid idea.  And I'm not saying you thought otherwise, but the staff member is not to blame for management decisions.  A lot of my time there was spent as a human shield for the management, over things I had absolutely no control over.

NapalmKev

At a guess I imagine the reason fresh loaves of bread were thrown out would be because of a legal requirement to have any possible allergens displayed on the packaging. A hand written label wouldn't be sufficient even if the information was correct, to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"