Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Cosh on 03 June, 2015, 12:47:20 AM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 29 May, 2015, 04:46:37 PM
Got a few June gigs to go to... Mogwai (twice)
I would exhort you to ignore the recently discussed 9pm arrivals policy and make sure you get to the Barrowlands in time to see Prolapse. Not sure exactly how it'll translate to a bigger venue but their gig last Friday was fantastic. Still got the same bile and stage presence as before but with an added tight, buzzing edge to the sound.

Noted, will be sure to catch them! Not sure I've actually seen/heard them before but you've got my interest so will check some of it out, cheers.

janus stark

really looking forward to halfman half biscuit next week in bury st Edmonds .

Colin YNWA

Quote from: janus stark on 03 June, 2015, 03:05:26 PM
really looking forward to halfman half biscuit next week in bury st Edmonds .

Haven't been to see HMHB for a good few years now but every time I have they are fantastic... well except the time me and my friend Martin blagged back stage at the Broadwalk in Sheffield and were very disappointed that there was no booze to 'nick in their rider. Nice tuna sandwich mind...

Keef Monkey

Just got tickets for Dog Fashion Disco in Glasgow later in the year! They're my fiance's favorite band and the only previous opportunity to go see them was a crowdfunded gig in London which we went down to. I hadn't been too bothered about them up to that point but they really won me over, and she was in tears of joy that she was finally seeing them so the fact it's come around again and is in our back yard will really make her day :)

CrazyFoxMachine

This time next week Lady Geoffery and I will be at Glasto - some particularly highlights of our annual trawl through the enormous line-up include:

Stompin' Dave Bluegrass Band, Wilko Johnson, De Fuego (Flamenco geetar I love that shit), Hog Renderers (Noice american primitive folk), Seven Little Sisters (Frenetic Folk), Duncan Disorderly & The Scallywags (More frenetic folk), John Fairhurst (Steel guitar blues), The Men That Will Not Be Blamed for Nothing (Steampunk punk), Jonny Turpentine (Angry acoustic hippy dude), Da Gamba Toad Hall (Classical crossover with twirling bald frockman), Tankus the Henge (Top hat jaunty folk chaps), Juck Juck Grunzie (Korean sludge grunge), King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard (Australian garage psych), Alabama Shakes (Southern rock & soul with amazing singer), Zoobazar (Insanely beardy Balkan rock), Motorhead, Billy Bragg, Molotov Jukebox (Balkanstuff with Tonks from Harry Potter), Flamingods ("Goat Meets Tinarwen at Hawkwind's BBQ" according to the official guide :D ), Professor Elemental, 3 Daft Monkeys, Vintage Trouble, My Baby (Trancey blues), The Mothership Returns (Funkadelic, Parliament & The Family Stone :O FUNKSTRAVAGANZA), Ballin' Jacks (Fun bluesy old school rock'n'roll), Rival Sons (actually just hard rock... kind of surprised to see it there - Metallica opened a door last year!), Songhoy Blues (smiley blues from Mali), Cassetteboy, Patti Smith, The Bevis Frond (psych), Eric Bibb (blues), Roy Ayers (ancient vibraphone legend), Curtis Eller's American Circus (weird bendy-legg'd banjoband), Goat (Swedish worldpsych), The Who, Contraband Breaks Ensemble (good ole' funk rap), Craig Charles (DJing funk and soul) & Phillip Henry/Hannah Martin (who play sweet fiddle n guitar folk)

phew. And folk whine on about what's on the Pyramid stage (!!)

DaveGYNWA

Carcass
Obituary
Voivod
Herod

29th October 2015 @ London Forum.

:D

Everyone is invited to my funeral on the 30th October.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Jim_Campbell

It's 2015 is turning into the Charge of the Old Farts' Brigade, with gigs by the Sisters of Mercy, New Model Army and the Fields of the Nephilim all happening towards the back end of the year.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jacqusie

Whilst noodling around to the radio I learned 'lucretia my reflection the other day. Great Bass line.

Do the Neph still chuck bags of self raising over them before a gig?

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 June, 2015, 11:08:52 AM
It's 2015 is turning into the Charge of the Old Farts' Brigade, with gigs by the Sisters of Mercy, New Model Army and the Fields of the Nephilim all happening towards the back end of the year.

Cheers

Jim

One of the best concerts / festivals I've ever been to had New Model Army on before Fields of the Nephilim in M'era Luna about five years ago.  They managed to sing Dawnrazor as the sun was going down...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jacqusie on 03 July, 2015, 02:17:48 AM
Do the Neph still chuck bags of self raising over them before a gig?

Not so much, these days... The current line-up is a pretty tight live act, and we were even treated to a brand new song at last year's Shepherds Bush gig.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

Wrong way around, but I've just come back from a gig - DeathBoy and The Memepunks at a football pub between Finsbury Park and HIghbury and Islington (didn't see Swifty), with comedy in between provided by Alias Robert Cummins...

Jacqusie

Two great gigs tomorrow...

We Are The Ocean - Sheffield Leadmill

Charlartans - Sheffield Tramlines Main Stage...

Working for Oxfam this year, but will catch these two fo' sure.

Si

Colin YNWA

Alas I've got shed loads on this weekend and so I'm committing the crime of living in Sheffield, but probably not going to Tramlines (I believe the main stages have sold out?). Billy Bragg, Da Wu Tang (though I've just read they've pulled out), Mike Skinner, Sugar Hill Gang... sigh so much good stuff this year but we've got so much to sort in the house before we go on holiday (having work done while we're away).

DAMNIT!

Dandontdare

I hadn't heard of this fest but I've just looked it up and it looks pretty good - may consider for next year. And Mobb Deep + De La Soul have replaced the Clan, so not all bad!

I, Cosh

Have the Wu Tang ever actually turned up for a gig they're billed as playing? Sorry to hear you're not going to make it along to see Billy though. Is Tramlines your local Indietracks knock-off?

Tension growing here as there are only 9 days left for Bjork to cancel her Berlin gig. Might see Bonnie Prince Billy on Monday night if I manage to catch up with some life admin over the weekend.

Formerly upcoming gigs update:

Holly Herndon a couple of weeks ago was jolly good. Wasn't sure how it would go down live but it was fine and she had a pretty interesting interactive light/stage show going on.

Bob Dylan was far away and intent on bluegrassing everything to death but his voice was on good form and a raucous Ballad of a Thin Man and Visions of Johanna went down well.
We never really die.