Main Menu

Doctor Who (13th Doctor)

Started by JamesC, 09 November, 2017, 02:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 January, 2021, 02:40:39 PM
Quote from: Rately on 04 January, 2021, 02:32:42 PM
I remember when they were casting about, eventually picking Matt Smith, and there was talk of the brilliant Paterson Joseph having been in the running.

Don't know if he would be interested, but he is pretty brilliant in everything he does, especially Peep Show, and he can do just about anything that could be asked of him dramatically, comically.

Yeah I'd have loved Paterson Joseph to have got it. Don't get me wrong I was happy with Matt Smith but at the time was disappointed he didn't get it after being hotly tipped. He has a brilliant otherworldly quality mixed with a healthy dose of utterly menacing when he needs to and a light cheeky charm when that's required. If we've going to have to go back to a man - I for on would like another woman to drive the point home that we really need to move past the whining - then he'd be my choice.

Be a quality Doctor, but I'm equally open to another woman Doctor.

With the right showrunner, and Whittaker or another brilliant woman they could blow the show open, and deliver something special.

I would take Anne-Marie Duff if Jodie Whittaker wasn't sticking around. Love her in everything she does, and those eyes convey and say so much.

IndigoPrime

Paterson Joseph is great, but he's also 56. If he stayed in the role for the usual three series, he'd be in his 60s by the time he's done. They need to skew younger again.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

One of those kids from Stranger Things could probably have a lash at sounding British. I think the wee girl is anyway.
You may quote me on that.

judgeurko

It has to be another woman or it will never happen again, I guess some fans would be happy with that

Tiplodocus

I like to think the only reason Jodie is leaving is so she can be the next James Bond.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

judgeurko

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 January, 2021, 11:39:14 PM
I like to think the only reason Jodie is leaving is so she can be the next James Bond.
Well its the usual 3 seasons thing isn't it. Its the rule now for Doctor Who.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: judgeurko on 04 January, 2021, 10:00:14 PM
It has to be another woman or it will never happen again, I guess some fans would be happy with that
I'd be bloody amazed if there's another woman as the Doctor. Delighted, but amazed. I suspect they will want to status quo everything as soon as possible.

broodblik

I enjoyed the last episode and it will be a pity if Jodie is replaced (just as I got into her interpretation of The Doctor).
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

wedgeski

Quote from: broodblik on 06 January, 2021, 06:06:49 AM
I enjoyed the last episode and it will be a pity if Jodie is replaced (just as I got into her interpretation of The Doctor).
Me too. One of the papers described it as "meat and potatoes Who" which I thought was accurate.

Daveycandlish

I don't think she has been bad at all. What is needed is a script editor to tell Chibnall, 'This needs work, that needs another draft, this bits crap, this is too soap opera-y, etc.'
I'd be happy with another female doctor as the kids have no issue with her, it's just the middle aged fanboys that hate on her.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Link Prime

The main focus should be on the age / gender / ethnicity of the lead actor.

We can take for granted that the show-runner and scripts will be solid gold.

judgeurko

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 January, 2021, 08:41:15 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 04 January, 2021, 10:00:14 PM
I'd be bloody amazed if there's another woman as the Doctor. Delighted, but amazed. I suspect they will want to status quo everything as soon as possible.
Well if they go back to a man i wont watch. It proves the show doesn't have the courage of its convictions.