Main Menu

Prog 2143 - The End

Started by NapalmKev, 03 August, 2019, 02:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

Cover by Tiernon Trevallion.

Thrill of the future - Slaine, The Web Of Weird.

Dredd continues to thrill and we have a bit of history concerning Judge Pin. Stunning artwork.

Indigo Prime gets a bit violent and has some lovely otherworld versions of cinematic monsters. Great series, hope it continues for many years to come!

Anderson is still going.

Thistlebone is all kinds of quality. Will be sad to see the end of it and judging by the way the story is going I'm guessing it will be a one and done kind of tale. The optimist in me is eagerly awaiting this series in a glorious hardcover featuring art prints.

Absalom... So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye! The old man gives one last flick of the V's and... no, I'll say no more. Just read it!

Outstanding Prog!

Cheers

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Richard

Excellent front and back covers, excellent ending for Absolom.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Richard on 03 August, 2019, 02:48:53 PM
Excellent front and back covers, excellent ending for Absolom.

I'm tentatively calling this cover the year, it works beautifully with the back cover.

glassstanley

Excellent prog. Wonderful final ep for Absalom. A very human tale in the end.

The flashback in Dredd was excellent. Love that his helmet seems to small for his head again. Thistlebone is making more sense after a re-read. Enjoying seeing Karyn's story moving forwards in Anderson.

Indigo Prime? Still not got a clue and still  not in a good John Smith kind of way.

And yes, an outstanding cover.

<flicks the Vs>

Woolly

Damn shame that the subscriber prog comes with the back cover exposed...

Leigh S

Good prog, but interested in what people thought of Tharg's comment that 2000AD is an antidote to grim reality - I suppose an antidote isnt an escape, but does 2000AD innoculate you from the horror, or should it stir up the horror?

geronimo

Quote from: Leigh S on 03 August, 2019, 10:07:13 PM
Good prog, but interested in what people thought of Tharg's comment that 2000AD is an antidote to grim reality - I suppose an antidote isnt an escape, but does 2000AD innoculate you from the horror, or should it stir up the horror?

What of the horror that is Brexit!!! :o
Has the mighty Tharg planned for this? how will we in neighbouring countries be able to receive our paper proggage if the harbours are closed, the trucks are trapped and the ships are stalled? For 42 years we have never had a crisis of thrillpower supply like this one! :crazy:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: geronimo on 03 August, 2019, 10:33:53 PMWhat of the horror that is Brexit!!! :o
Has the mighty Tharg planned for this? how will we in neighbouring countries be able to receive our paper proggage if the harbours are closed, the trucks are trapped and the ships are stalled? For 42 years we have never had a crisis of thrillpower supply like this one! :crazy:

Shipped to the north of Ireland and from there smuggled by drone across the porous border, then shipped to the rest of the planet.

geronimo

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 03 August, 2019, 11:17:03 PM
Quote from: geronimo on 03 August, 2019, 10:33:53 PMWhat of the horror that is Brexit!!! :o

Shipped to the north of Ireland and from there smuggled by drone across the porous border, then shipped to the rest of the planet.

My mate has a drone so that's taken care of. So we just need to connect with Pat Mills in Spain and with his contacts in the French comic scene we could cover a lot of Europe.

IndigoPrime

On Brexit, in a serious sense, many graphic novels are printed in Malta and Spain. At the very least, expect prices to shoot up as sterling continues to tank.

geronimo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 August, 2019, 09:00:29 AM
On Brexit, in a serious sense, many graphic novels are printed in Malta and Spain. At the very least, expect prices to shoot up as sterling continues to tank.

Maybe Boris should do a trade deal with Amazon! ::)

Magnetica

Maybe I'm being thick but what is the deal with [spoiler]Harry's grand kids not having aged?[/spoiler]

IndigoPrime

I'm not sure. Perhaps [spoiler]they were in a kind of stasis, rather than having lived out years in a horrific place – or perhaps it's a final twist of the knife[/spoiler].

Richard

QuoteDamn shame that the subscriber prog comes with the back cover exposed...

Not really. Firstly, it would be the same if you bought it in a shop. Secondly, I think it works very well [spoiler]as a nice bit of misdirection. You see it, you think Harry survives and gets a happy ending, then when you read the episode you discover that he actually died, and that final page means something else entirely.[/spoiler]

The bit about [spoiler]the grandkids not ageing[/spoiler] wasn't fully explained, but there was that comment about [spoiler]a final twist of the knife or whatever (when they were talking about the faked photos of them ageing),[/spoiler] so I just thought it was some nasty trick by the demons, so I didn't question it.

(It would have been even nastier if [spoiler]thry had aged rapidly instead and were Harry's age![/spoiler]