Main Menu

Lockdown suggestions

Started by Robo-K33F, 21 April, 2020, 09:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robo-K33F

Hello folk.

So I have overplayed the last Green Lung album (fantastic as it is) and now I'm looking for some good rock suggestions (mainly fuzzy stoner bands). Got Asteroid, Atomic Bitchwax, F£&k the Fitzroy Doom Scene, Gorilla Pulp, Lowdrive, The Marlboro Men, Monstroid, Mothership, Nebula, Orange Goblin, Red Fang, Roadsaw, Solace, The Sword, Truckfighters, Unida and Conan already.

Any more suggestions? Ta.

rogue69

Have you tried Psychostick, rock with a sense of humour. They are playing a live show on Facebook every Thursday evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3tcQI5EEiA

shaolin_monkey

'Epidemic' by Slayer is a go to of mine, but the whole 'Reign in Blood' album is awesome anyway.

shaolin_monkey

There's always Cake.  I don't know if that fits what you're after?

https://youtu.be/taNCL5tXFPE

Dandontdare

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 21 April, 2020, 09:52:06 PM
Hello folk.

So I have overplayed the last Green Lung album (fantastic as it is) and now I'm looking for some good rock suggestions (mainly fuzzy stoner bands). Got Asteroid, Atomic Bitchwax, F£&k the Fitzroy Doom Scene, Gorilla Pulp, Lowdrive, The Marlboro Men, Monstroid, Mothership, Nebula, Orange Goblin, Red Fang, Roadsaw, Solace, The Sword, Truckfighters, Unida and Conan already.

Oh god I'm old.

When I read those monthly listings for music venues in Manchester these* days it's like:
Never heard of them
Never heard of them
Never heard of them
Never heard of them
Never heard of them
OH MY GOD ARE THEY STILL ALIVE ?
Never heard of them
Never heard of them

*these? those? It will come back right? I'd give anything to be drinking overpriced JD in a sweaty cellar hearing some art school dropouts sing about their fucking angst

shaolin_monkey

Based on your list above, these two may fit your aesthetic:

Witches Drum

https://thewitchesdrum.bandcamp.com/

Thorun

https://thorun.bandcamp.com/

shaolin_monkey

Greg M.

Many of the following are classics who you're probably already aware of, but just in case: Electric Wizard, Kirk Windstein solo, Rwake, The Obsessed, High on Fire, Goatsnake, Sleep, Sheavy, Fu Manchu, Fatso Jetson, Yawning Man, Church of Misery, Burning Witch, Brown Acid compliations of proto-stoner rock,

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 April, 2020, 05:59:14 AM

*these? those? It will come back right? I'd give anything to be drinking overpriced JD in a sweaty cellar hearing some art school dropouts sing about their fucking angst

That sounds like fun right now, but you'd still regret it in the morning.
Lock up your spoons!

paddykafka

"Don't Fence Me" In by Gene Autry.

CalHab

Quote from: paddykafka on 23 April, 2020, 03:56:13 PM

"Isolation" by Joy Division.

Tjm86

Quote from: CalHab on 23 April, 2020, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: paddykafka on 23 April, 2020, 03:56:13 PM

"Isolation" by Joy Division.

"100 years of solitude"  the Levellers

Greg M.

Something more up to date for the lover of Sabbath / Hawkwind / 90s Earache / 90s Rise Above - 'Viscerals', the new record by Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs. I'll be honest, their name had previously put me off investigating them, but their 70s-via-90s-done-now sensibility ought to work for the tripped-out-rock aficionado.

Robo-K33F

Some good suggestions in here - thanks all.

repoman

Hello folk.

The album Flip Phone Fantasy by Ocean Grove is the rock/metal album of the year for me.

Recommended tracks are Sunny, Junkies and Superstar.