Main Menu

Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Damn.  I really thought it was yesterday's Daily Mail!

sheridan

It is indeed Cradlegrave (and not the Daily Mail - though 2000AD has often claimed to "tell tomorrow's stories, today" so it stands to reason that stories of yesteryear match up with today's world - or media facsimile thereof).

Quote from: RebellionFrom The Cradle To The Grave!

After serving eight months at a Young Offenders Institution for arson, Shane Holt returns to his home on the Ravenglade Estate during a long, hot summer. Plagued by the ASBO generation, the estate has seen its fair share of problems but nothing comes close to the horror that lurks within Ted and Mary's council home...

Quote from: GoogleTranslateFrom the garage to the cemetery!

After eight months of filming at the scene, young was back in hall for a long time. The scale of the economic crisis facing production. But no one was secretly threatened.

sheridan

Quote from: GoogleTranslateIt looks good! Get out!

Appears to have been brutally murdered, which seems out of place. As people become victims of religious ideologies and beliefs, the practice of witchcraft is reviving around the world. The world seems to be on the path of spiritual identification. CJI must go to the heart to find the source of the problem! The collection includes (Buttman) who work for comedians.

Colin YNWA

So we are well and truly into the land I anticipted of me struggling with these again. I just could not Cradlegrave - looked at the spoilers, thought, nah not sure about that and failed to come up with an alternative anyway...

...this time I'm less than convinced by my guess but I'll try [spoiler]Brass Sun[/spoiler]???

TordelBack

RaggedMan

AlexF

[spoiler]Anderson Psi Files Vol 3[/spoiler] or [spoiler]4[/spoiler]?

RaggedMan

sheridan

Addendum to the bit at the top of the thread - I haven't used any Judge Dredd or Judge Anderson Case Files - I've used collections named after stories rather than numbered collections (unless there's no other collection available).  Does that make sense?  It makes sense in my head!

The Legendary Shark

All I can think of is [spoiler]Game of Thrones[/spoiler], but it's not that.

I'm utterly crap at this game but I'm still enjoying it.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

sheridan

Nobody quite got it - AlexF was closest with Anderson, but I had a look and the story was in Psi Files 2 (not 3 or 4).  It was Anderson Psi Division - Shamballa.

Quote from: RebellionJOURNEY BEYOND THE GATES OF PERCEPTION!

In Mega-City One a brutal murder is discovered, seemingly of unnatural origin. Around the globe there is a massive surge in psychic phenomena as people fall prey to visions and religious mania. It seems that the world is on the brink of a psychic apocalypse and Psi-Judge Anderson must travel into the heart of Tibet to find the source of the disturbance! This collection bring together the very best of Alan Grant's (Lobo) and Arthur Ranson's (Button Man) work on this iconic comics character.

Quote from: GoogleTranslateIt looks good! Get out!

Appears to have been brutally murdered, which seems out of place. As people become victims of religious ideologies and beliefs, the practice of witchcraft is reviving around the world. The world seems to be on the path of spiritual identification. CJI must go to the heart to find the source of the problem! The collection includes (Buttman) who work for comedians.

Anderson gets upgraded from 'pissy female' to 'CJI' this time around (wonder what Google Translate will do with 'Psi Division' next time?)

sheridan

Quote from: GoogleOnline

The dream of escaping was a huge success, and Oreo took the life of a corrupt spirit, only a dry drink. From indifference to further indifference, their hopes of success and their future almost faded. But fortunately, the army is looking for new officers. He came in because he had no other choice.

Colin YNWA

That sounds like [spoiler]Halo Jones Book 3[/spoiler] to me. I know we've had a Halo Jones but I'm not sure we've had that specific title... have we...

AlexF

[spoiler]Rogue Trooper: Regene[/spoiler]? Or am I getting confused about 'indifference' from the character's point of view vs the 'indifference' of my reaction to the story...