Main Menu

Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Today's quizzer:

Quote from: GoogleNDND is behind the ND water drainage ideas!

Destroyed by a nuclear holocaust in the past and dragged away by its past, he is able to return to Earth, ready to resume his life-threatening mission.

Along with their 'brothers'  - Square, United attacked 4,000 star The Me Flower. The PC Division finds that death is back, and now she will go into a deep hole to try to stop the former black.

I have no idea what ND is all about.  Or NDND for that matter.

NapalmKev

[spoiler]Judge Dredd - Dark Justice.[/spoiler]

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Bolt-01

[spoiler]Dark Justice?[/spoiler]

But my first thought was [spoiler]Meltdown Man![/spoiler]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Finally, an easy one! [spoiler]Dark Justice[/spoiler] fo sho.

AlexF

You're all saying it's easy, but my first thought was [spoiler]ABC Warriors: Return to Earth[/spoiler]. But I think I'm being overly swayed by linking 'water drainage' to 'sewers' in my head.

sheridan

Bolt-01 and NapalmKev both got in with Dark Justice at 09:20.

I think the 'Me Flower' was probably the clincher to narrow down exactly which DJ story it was.

Quote from: RebellionTHE LIFE-HATING SUPER-FIEND FROM DEADWORLD RETURNS!

Having previously been destroyed by nuclear fire and dragged to hell by the vengeful spirits of those he had murdered, Death has managed to return to the world, ready to resume his mission in destroying all life.

United once more with his 'brothers' – Judges Fear, Fire and Mortis – the quartet of terror have invaded The Mayflower - a starship populated by four thousand of Mega-City One's richest citizens. Psi-Division's Cassandra Anderson discovers that Death has returned and now she and Judge Dredd must travel into deep space in an attempt to stop the Dark Judges once and for all.

Quote from: GoogleTranslateNDND is behind the ND water drainage ideas!

Destroyed by a nuclear holocaust in the past and dragged away by its past, he is able to return to Earth, ready to resume his life-threatening mission.

Along with their 'brothers'  - Square, United attacked 4,000 star The Me Flower. The PC Division finds that death is back, and now she will go into a deep hole to try to stop the former black.

sheridan

And for today:

Quote from: GoogleThey wonder about the world.

The burden of this world, exploring the land of District twenty-seven in the new colony in the twenty-first century. When the ship arrives at him on an alien planet, Loma clearly reminds me, He also works together to stay free, separated from all emotions, the need to protect his life.

Colin YNWA

Ohhhh this one is annoying. It feels like it should be getable but I'm stumped... I thought it might be [spoiler]JD - Wilderlands[/spoiler] but there isn't a collection of that story in the shop???

I'll come back to this...

AlexF

Dandontdare

sheridan

Dandontdare - it is indeed Death Planet.
Quote from: Rebellion"Worlds Of The Weird!

It's the 23rd century and the starship Eternity sets out from Earth carrying a cargo of colonists bound for new lives on distant worlds. When the ship is knocked off course, crashing on an unknown alien planet, Commander Lorna Varn and colonist leader Richard Cory must set aside their differences and work together to keep everyone alive.

Quote from: GoogleTranslateThey wonder about the world.

The burden of this world, exploring the land of District twenty-seven in the new colony in the twenty-first century. When the ship arrives at him on an alien planet, Loma clearly reminds me, He also works together to stay free, separated from all emotions, the need to protect his life.

sheridan

I think this one's probably going to be quite easy, despite a few misleading sentences...

Quote from: GoogleMade with blood! Gladiator Center Survival!

For example, in 1950, he fought against an African soldier who was a slave of a army and who served in the empire. On one foot, in the desert, was on duty to prepare him for a hundred men.

The use of the army of lost clothing could be a myth. But when he begins to receive the glory that he deserves, the grandson immediately takes the earth and sends it to the other end of the galaxy to fight in heaven!

Get ready for a great story about swords and magic that has turned and passed!

JayzusB.Christ

Is it [spoiler]Blackhawk[/spoiler]? I don't actually remember much about that series but the second line suggested it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

It is Blackhawk!

Quote from: Rebellion"By Sebek's Blood! Nothing Can Defeat The Galaxy's Greatest Gladiator!

In 50 BC, an African warrior enslaved by the mighty Roman army defies fate to become an officer of Auxiliaries for the Empire. With his faithful desert hawk in tow, 'Black Hawk' is instructed to enlist a hundred men willing to serve under him.

The exploits of 'Black Hawk' and his rag-tag army of misfits become legendary. But just as he starts to gain the respect he richly deserves, the warrior is suddenly plucked from the Earth and transported across the galaxy to battle in an alien arena!

Written by 2000 AD stalwarts Gerry Finley-Day (Rogue Trooper) and Alan Grant (Mazeworld), and featuring the unforgettable art of Alfonso Azpiri (Lorna) and Massimo Belardinelli (Ace Trucking Co.), be prepared for a epic tale of sword and sorcery which spans space and time!

Quote from: GoogleTranslateMade with blood! Gladiator Center Survival!

For example, in 1950, he fought against an African soldier who was a slave of a army and who served in the empire. On one foot, in the desert, was on duty to prepare him for a hundred men.

The use of the army of lost clothing could be a myth. But when he begins to receive the glory that he deserves, the grandson immediately takes the earth and sends it to the other end of the galaxy to fight in heaven!

Get ready for a great story about swords and magic that has turned and passed!