Main Menu

Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Y'see, I thought that once I cleared up that it had nothing to do with Dredd that people would get it quite quickly.  Of course, I already knew what the answer was :-)

ROBO-HUNTER THE DROID FILES: VOLUME 2

Quote from: blurbTHE RETURN OF THE DROID DETECTIVE!

In Brit-Cit business is good for Sam Slade. From investigating foul play commited against England's World Cup robo-players, to working for Prime Minister Iron Aggie, the Robo-Hunter is making good bank. But will a little thing like his own death bring an end to such a sucessful robo-hunting career?

Quote from: translationSee Dred Detective!

It is advisable to bury the slide in the UK market.  Because of the advantages and disadvantages of Luder is the player in the presence of the disease, Iron Age missiles are said to be criminalized for operating under the presidency of the Iron Age. That's fine. But his death is so small, will he be caught?

sheridan

Probably a bit of an easier one - certainly less misleading!

Quote from: translationI'm lost for a great, great event!

He returned to power 10 years after the death penalty was abolished by the British Parliament and feels like he did not commit suicide 90 years later. Of course, when he died, he was moved to an unfamiliar place inhabited by soldiers Nick and a mysterious beast: the world of tourism! Eddie wrote an exemplary novel by two very amazing couples and Bright Master Shanti Lanson (Judge Button), which is part of a very complex world.

The Corinthian

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 08 June, 2021, 08:42:42 AM
Y'see, I thought that once I cleared up that it had nothing to do with Dredd that people would get it quite quickly.  Of course, I already knew what the answer was :-)

In Brit-Cit business is good for Sam Slade. From investigating foul play commited against England's World Cup robo-players, to working for Prime Minister Iron Aggie, the Robo-Hunter is making good bank. But will a little thing like his own death bring an end to such a sucessful robo-hunting career?

It is advisable to bury the slide in the UK market.  Because of the advantages and disadvantages of Luder is the player in the presence of the disease, Iron Age missiles are said to be criminalized for operating under the presidency of the Iron Age. That's fine. But his death is so small, will he be caught?

Oh well now you say it its bloody obvious! Damnit...

Colin YNWA

As for the new one I think Corinthian is right but just to throw in an alternative - Meltdown Man (though have we had that already?).

AlexF

It's definitely Mazeworld. Everyone knows that Bright Master Shanti Lanson (Judge Button) is Arthur Ranson's pen name.

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 08 June, 2021, 08:42:42 AM

No matter how many times I looked at this I couldn't see anything other than "doctored" which combined with the "luder" part for the Killing Game but it clearly wasn't Button Man so ..... AAARRGH.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 June, 2021, 09:19:20 AM
As for the new one I think Corinthian is right but just to throw in an alternative - Meltdown Man (though have we had that already?).

We did - in fact you're the one who correctly guessed MM!

Speaking of correct guesses - The Corinthian was spot on.  Here's the comparison:

Quote from: originalLose Yourself In A Tale Of Epic Fantasy!

30 years after the British parliament suspended the death penalty, the gallows have returned and Adam Cadman finds himself being the first person to be hanged since 1964. But as his life drains away, Adam is transported to a strange, new dimension, populated by warriors and mystical beasts: the bizarre Mazeworld! Written by 2000 AD legend Alan Grant (Judge Dredd, Batman) and featuring the breath-taking artwork of Arthur Ranson (Button Man, Judge Anderson) this must-have graphic novel contains the complete Mazeworld saga.

Quote from: translationI'm lost for a great, great event!

He returned to power 10 years after the death penalty was abolished by the British Parliament and feels like he did not commit suicide 90 years later. Of course, when he died, he was moved to an unfamiliar place inhabited by soldiers Nick and a mysterious beast: the world of tourism! Eddie wrote an exemplary novel by two very amazing couples and Bright Master Shanti Lanson (Judge Button), which is part of a very complex world.

sheridan

Some of those translations are pretty easy, but they just have to be left in for the sake of amusement.  I wonder if Judge Button knew Judge Pin?

This week's quizzer:

Quote from: translationFor the first time, the game is intended for Jackson fans only!

Iron-Claude destroys a dragon that kills a monster, but one word ... 'Destroy it!' What is his purpose? To protect the world from the onslaught of demons on the opposite side known known as is over. Released in 2000, this new story was released to an audience of 2,000.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Are [spoiler]digital only[/spoiler] editions included? if so then I defo reckon this is [spoiler]Armoured Gideon[/spoiler]

AlexF

Did even 2,000 people buy [spoiler]Armoured Gideon[/spoiler]? Hope so! I want the rest of the series, please.

sheridan

Oh no!  I completely failed to confirm everybody's correct guesses!

Quote from: 2000AD-blurb-droidThe adventures of fan favourite character Armoured Gideon are collected in a digital-only graphic novel for the first time!

Armoured Gideon is a demon-slaying robot who only says one word... 'Annihilate!' His task? To protect our world from the demonic threat of a parallel dimension known as 'The Edge'. This classic 2000 AD story is presented in a new edition, aimed at fans new and old!

Quote from: google-translateFor the first time, the game is intended for Jackson fans only!

Iron-Claude destroys a dragon that kills a monster, but one word ... 'Destroy it!' What is his purpose? To protect the world from the onslaught of demons on the opposite side known known as is over. Released in 2000, this new story was released to an audience of 2,000.

sheridan

My first one for this year's advent (I'm reusing the old thread to keep 'em all in one place).

This one shouldn't be particularly difficult but hopefully should raise a smile along the way.

Quote from: google-translateThe earth is full of terrorists, It is a dangerous place with the moonlight and supernatural creatures that will destroy it at any moment... Fortunately, The Secret Service controls the British Secret Service.

When the world faces a unique threat, only an individual can save the day. Set up secret equipment with Special Attorney Sondo. The British intelligence service used a computer-assisted device to insert the head into a tube and insert a special electric needle into the body: now a researcher can increase his power by fifty people!

NOTE you suffer for the sake of suffering and the king and for him! john probe ALSO HARD ON MEN; Gender Research John - human it did a hyper-computer!